We are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
What You’ll Do
It’s pretty simple, our people are critical to Veritone’s success, therefore, the People Operations team is tasked with providing exemplary support and partnership for employees at all levels throughout the organization. At Veritone, we are one big family and it’s important that the Benefits / Compensation Manager is an extension of that. Automation and AI is at the heart of what we do, and the right candidate will bring a passion for challenging the status quo, creating efficiencies and ensuring we have a competitive advantage due to our Health & Wellness and Compensation programs. We’re making Veritone a center of gravity for talent and this position will be tasked with ensuring our programs will attract, retain and continue to support top talent.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Health & Wellness
- Develop Veritone’s wellness strategy as the subject matter expert in benefits programs
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of employee benefit programs
- Manage the design and ongoing administration of benefit plans including vendor feeds, issue resolution, life status changes, invoices and funding of plans
- Lead the annual open enrollment process including working with health and welfare consultant for broker and carrier marketing, plan design, decisions and managing employee communication.
- Communicate with third-party services to negotiate benefit plans and resolve benefit-related issues.
- Preparing budgets, reports, and presentations in support of company-wide employee benefit and compensation spend.
- Ensure compliance of benefits and retirement programs and coordinate the preparation of filings with federal and state agencies including IRS and DOL
- Administer 401(k) plan including timely funding of payroll and match contributions
- Ensure all regulatory and government filings (5500, SAR, SPD, Healthcare Reform, etc) are completed timely and accurately; work with auditors on plan audits and reviews to implement corrective action as required.
- Ensure benefit plan compliance with regulations (i.e. ACA, FMLA, etc), lead the development of various strategic initiatives to ensure TTX provides market competitive benefits and compensation packages, track and monitor health care spend/budget, and manage/oversee all vendor relationships and associated RFI/RFP and work with third-party services as needed.
- Communicate and interface with health and welfare consultants, insurance companies, and third-party benefit plan administrators to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all associates.
- Manage Veritone’s leave of absence, parental leave programs and other requests as required
- Manage benefits integration for M&A
- Own communication around Health & Wellness people product throughout the year
- Collaborate and partner with leadership to understand their challenges related to compensation, benefits, and other reward programs and key issues in attracting, motivating and retaining high quality, diverse talent.
Compensation (People Development)
- Collaborate and partner with leadership to evolve Veritone’s Compensation Philosophy
- Understand & assess opportunities as it relates to compensation, equity, benefits and other reward programs; key issues in attracting, motivating and retaining high performing, diverse talent.
- Partner with external compensation consultant and executive leadership to design compensation packages and bonus programs that align with the company’s strategic business objectives
- Lead the process for acquiring annual market data and conducting detailed, competitive research, analysis and modeling to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness of compensation programs, including annual increase budgets, equity program, competitive assessments of trends and metrics, and financial impact modeling of incentive design scenarios.
- Ensure salaries and benefits comply with the current legislation about human rights and pay equity
- Identify trends and implement new practices to engage and motivate employees
- Keep track of prevailing pay rates and make sure we offer competitive compensation plans
- Oversee Veritone’s annual compensation (cash & equity) planning process and partner with finance & executive leadership in budget planning, program communication, assessment and launch. Experience leading the compensation planning process in a HCM is imperative.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience specialized in Benefits including administration, plan design, vendor management and communications; including a minimum of 3 years of compensation experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with benefits systems and carrier feeds
- Ability to own LOA program management in multiple states
- Experience managing and facilitating equity programs; inquiries from employees, developing equity bands and offerings
- Experience with managing benefits & compensation integrations through M&A
- Strong communication skills with a customer service focus. Must also be analytical and have the ability to synthesize data
- Must be organized with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Collaborative and creative; views this work as a team sport and works with colleagues to improve
- “Roll your sleeves up” mentality and flexibility to adapt to a dynamically changing environment
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust in a collaborative work environment.
- Driven self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to operate autonomously.
- Excellent understanding of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- Demonstrates analytical, critical thinking and listening skills
- Ability to advise and guide managers and employees on such matters including compensation, benefits, compliance and others as required
- Strong project management, time management, & prioritization abilities
- Confidence in one's abilities and knowledge
- Ability to take ownership of projects and the delivery outcome
- Results driven and team oriented
Bonus Points If
- Relevant certifications, such as a CCP, CEBS or SHRM certification, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of benefit and compensation programs, policies, procedures, and applicable legislation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong people and project management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making skills, and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel. Knowledge of Oracle HCM is a plus.
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Work remote
- Flexible time-off
- Quality benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.