We are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the People leadership team to create and maintain strategic direction for the people side of the business, which consists of a blended workforce across multiple locations.
- Partner with the management and leaders across a BU within Veritone to better understand, recommend, and implement goals to enhance the team and employee experience.
- Act as a driver for strategic support on all People Operations related initiatives and the evolution of operational improvements.
- Provide expertise, guidance, and coaching to leaders managing highly sensitive and complex employee relations matters, including performance management, terminations, people issues and trends, and all things People related.
- Foster employee culture and address morale issues quickly within your teams.
- Anticipate training and development needs to develop programs and coordinate planning and implementation within your teams.
- Coach managers on people-related functions including, but not limited to, performance management, disciplinary process, rewards & recognition, and employee relations.
- Utilize full-cycle human resources knowledge to provide strategic partnership to Director, People Operations regarding HR functions and practices including benefits and compensation, people metrics, and career development.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field plus at least 5+ years of previous work experience in a strategic HR role partnering with various levels of employees and management.
- Expert knowledge in state, local and federal laws and standards.
- Subject matter expertise and the ability to provide strategic partnership in all areas of the HR employee lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between.
- Strong Excel skills, including V-Lookups and formula creation.
- Experience with HR systems, preferably Workday or Oracle.
- Strong ability to exercise judgment with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Expert-level analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team-building skills and demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Must be capable of multitasking in a busy, high volume environment and have the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines.
- Must be well organized with keen attention to detail with demonstrated effective follow-up skills.
- Self-starter who is excited to be part of a team building an incredible employee experience.
Bonus POINTS IF:
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification.
- Experience in SaaS technology environment and/or Media/Advertising space.
- Fun sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!