We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements, including software license agreements with customers and vendors, strategic partner and channel partner agreements; data protection agreements; master services agreements; consulting agreements and statements of work; non-disclosure agreements; and other agreements
- Prepare Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements and registration statements
- Review and revise external communications, including financial and other press releases
- Handle stockholder inquiries and communications with transfer agent
- Coordinate annual meeting proxy solicitation activities
- Facilitate and monitor executive and director stock transactions, and prepare and file Schedule 13D and Section 16 reports
- Assist in the preparation of Board and Committee presentations and materials, and other corporate governance related materials
- Participate in acquisitions and divestitures, including due diligence activities, review and drafting of transaction agreements, and integration activities
- Work closely with information security team on data protection and security matters, including the company’s FedRAMP certification initiative; review and develop the company’s data security policies and procedures, and respond to security questionnaires and other information requests from customers
- Support Finance team in audits, financial reporting, and various tax and insurance matters
- Support Human Resources team in matters related to benefit plans (including 401(k) plan and sales incentive plans), employment letters and agreements, and labor matters
- Review and address legal and business issues in support of all other company functions
What You'll Need
- J.D., California State Bar admission
- 10+ years of legal experience, including in contracting and public company reporting, preferably including at least 3 years of in-house experience
- Broad knowledge of and experience with all phases of contract drafting and negotiation
- Specific knowledge of and experience with SaaS or other software licensing
- Specific knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and experience in government contracting
- Extensive Word and Excel experience, with ability to grasp other software applications required to perform job duties; experience working with Salesforce a plus
- Willingness and ability to engage on and resolve both routine and complex contracting problems and issues
- Ability to comprehend complex financial and business concepts, issues and risks, and work with business teams to develop viable alternatives to address issues
- A self-starter who requires virtually no supervision
- Can handle multiple assignments and achieve project goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills
- Detail- and team-oriented
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.