We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
Veritone’s Professional Services is the fastest growing division within the company. Using aiWARE technology as a foundation, the Professional Services group collaborates with customers to understand their business strategies and objectives, defines solutions, and delivers AI-powered solutions using a disciplined discovery, design, development, and deployment methodology. Services currently offered include Workflow Automation, Application Development, Custom Analytics and Intelligent Data Lake Reporting, and Creative and Design.
What You’ll Do
- Drive definition of customer solutions. Working closely with pre-sales teams and Pro Serve architects, you will ensure goals, scope, and approach are agreed upon. You will define the overall technical solution using aiWARE as the foundation and ensure it is clearly understood and achievable. You will assist the Program Manager to make sure all cost elements for the solution are identified. You will ensure clear architecture diagrams and integration points are included within statements of work. You begin with the end in mind and ensure the customer and Veritone collectively agree upon the scope and design so that expectation setting is clear from the start. You will have confidence in the solution and understand how it will be implemented.
- Become an expert in aiWARE and all Veritone service offerings. You will explicitly understand aiWARE and how all aspects of the solutions will work. You will do this by becoming a super user, attend team standups, offer to test using documentation, write documentation, or whatever it takes to make sure there is complete understanding of its capabilities so that any gaps can be addressed. You will become trusted within the aiWARE team and be able to clearly articulate feature requirements to that team.
- Deliver against the technical solution. Now that the customer has agreed to a statement of work, the fun begins. You will ensure user personas, process maps, and requirements are clearly documented. You will work with the UX/UI team to ensure design specifications are clear, adhere to aiWARE standards, and are complete when developers need them. You will write stories and ensure priorities are clear to a development team. You will drive the creation of test cases and ensure they are executed. You will be an excellent communicator and ensure any risks to budget and timeline are communicated to the program manager.
- Become subject matter expert within services offerings. You will bring a unique specific subject matter expertise to this role - media workflows, software development, AI/ML. You will attain mastery of that service and help coach and mentor others. You will also seek opportunities to grow subject matter expertise across other service offerings. Solutions likely won’t know boundaries and a solution could include multiple service offerings. You won’t know any boundaries because you will have the thirst and desire to continue learning and growing your personal capabilities while ensuring Veritone is able to grow its business.
- Ensure support is ready to run post launch. Our job ends with the last milestone delivery. We want to move on to the next challenge. You will make sure customer and Veritone support teams are ready to take over once Pro Serve has finished. This will include excellent documentation, training, and roles and responsibilities definition to make sure nothing is missed and the goals of the project endure.
- Make our tools and processes better. You will understand the tools needed to deliver a solution. You will also enjoy being creative in coming up with better ways to achieve the desired results. You will be self reflective during and after the project and determine ways to continue to grow our libraries of templates and tools. You will enjoy bragging and sharing about what worked and what failed so that others may too grow their own repertoire of capabilities.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience as a product or delivery manager in a SaaS or professional services business
- Experience with AI/ML
- A talent for engaging with technical resources. We don't expect you to have a CS degree, but you must be able to speak the language of developers
- Strong experience working on complex projects. You're used to driving projects from concept through launch and transition to support teams
- Strong technical implementation experience
- Remarkable leadership and communication skills. You should be comfortable representing your team and evangelizing your projects across the organization and in front of senior leadership, partners, and customers.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Bonus Points If
- MBA from a top-ranked university
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.