We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
As the Sr. Program Manager - PMO for Veritone’s business, you will act as the lead to define, manage and deliver against strategic corporate initiatives that will cross multiple internal departments, customers, technology partners, vendors and consultants. You will leverage your experience in project management, aiWARE and a growing suite of Applications, market analysis, agile practices and data-driven decision making to ensure our programs are managed to exceed the highest standards of customer experience, technical precision, scalability, and profitability.
What You'll Do:
- Define and evangelize clear program vision. Through the use of developing program charters, you will ensure a cross-functional team is aligned on objectives, scope and approach of strategic programs.
- Develop timelines and milestones and manage risks. Build timelines and milestones, while also developing clear risk mitigation strategies, and manage teams to meet those goals.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. You are the key that will tie together multiple team members and it is essential to communicate progress against timelines and budgets.
- Embody practical project management. Practical project management relies more than just taking notes and sending emails. You must effectively manage up, down and at a peer level and do it in a way that makes people feel like they are part of an amazing team and are contributing to the success of the company (i.e., sometimes they will be busy and won’t want to do what you are asking them to do!)
- Bring passion. These are strategic initiatives where you will need to bring energy, excitement and passion to every meeting and interaction. This doesn’t always mean being positive and happy, either. Being a realist, driving decisions and making progress against objectives will allow our business to grow.
- Use data and analytics. You will be an expert in modeling; P&L for new business models, customer usage of products, etc. Be creative in being able to tell a story while using data to make decisions.
- Listen and iterate - talk to your stakeholders and team members to solicit feedback. These programs will only be successful by evolving how we work together to solve these technical challenges.
- Know Veritone products cold. You will be most effective understanding how these programs will help us elevate, expand and sell more of our primary products. You will interface extremely closely with all product managers and being able to understand their world will be invaluable.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years experience as a Program Manager preferably with SaaS industry experience
- Strong background managing or leading a PMO
- A talent for engaging with engineering. We don't expect you to have a CS degree, but you must be able to speak the language of developers.
- Strong experience working on complex projects with front-end and back-end components. You're used to driving projects from concept through launch and beyond.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. You'll own your projects from end to end.
- Remarkable leadership and communication skills. You should be comfortable representing your team and championing your projects across the organization and in front of senior leadership, partners, and customers.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
What's In It For You:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.