We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
Veritone’s Professional Services is the fastest growing division within the company. Using aiWARE technology as a foundation, the Professional Services group collaborates with customers to understand their business strategies and objectives, defines solutions, and delivers AI-powered solutions using a disciplined discovery, design, development, and deployment methodology. Services currently offered include Workflow Automation, Application Development, Custom Analytics and Intelligent Data Lake Reporting, and Creative and Design.
What You’ll Do
- Design complex customer workflows. Working closely with pre-sales teams and Pro Serve delivery managers and architects, you will ensure goals, scope, and approach are agreed upon. You will design the overall technical workflow solution using aiWARE as the foundation and ensure it is clearly understood and achievable. You will assist the Program Manager to make sure all cost elements for the solution are identified. You will ensure clear workflow diagrams and integration points are included within statements of work. You begin with the end in mind and ensure the customer and Veritone collectively agree upon the scope and design so that expectation setting is clear from the start. You will have confidence in the solution and understand how it will be implemented.
- Become an expert in aiWARE and all Veritone service offerings. You will explicitly understand aiWARE and how all aspects of the solutions will work. You will do this by becoming a super user, attend team standups, offer to test using documentation, write documentation, or whatever it takes to make sure there is complete understanding of its capabilities so that any gaps can be addressed. You will become trusted within the aiWARE team and be able to clearly articulate feature requirements to that team.
- Deliver against the technical solution. Now that the customer has agreed to a statement of work, the fun begins. You will ensure workflow requirements are clearly documented, metadata schemas understood, and integration documentation is understood. You will build the solutions using aiWARE tools as well as develop using common Veritone software languages. You will build proper integration tests and check in your code into common repositories. You will be an excellent communicator and ensure any risks to budget and timeline are communicated to the program manager.
- Ensure support is ready to run post launch. Our job ends with the last milestone delivery. We want to move on to the next challenge. You will make sure customer and Veritone support teams are ready to take over once Pro Serve has finished. This will include excellent documentation, training, and roles and responsibilities definition to make sure nothing is missed and the goals of the project endure. You will also ensure monitoring is established against agreed upon service level agreements. You will take pride in the handoff and make sure you are handing over something that is reliable and won’t break.
- Make our tools and processes better. You will understand the tools needed to deliver a solution. You will build common tools and code so that we can do the job better next time. You will be obsessive about contributing templates and documentation to common aiWARE developer tools as you are ground zero in solving problems using aiWARE. You will also enjoy being creative in coming up with better ways to achieve the desired results. You will enjoy bragging and sharing about what worked and what failed so that others may too grow their own repertoire of capabilities.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience as software engineer, sales engineer, or technical architect in a SaaS or professional services business
- Experience with AI/ML
- CS degree or equivalent
- Strong experience working on complex projects. You're used to developing solutions from concept through launch and transition to support teams
- Strong technical implementation experience
- Remarkable leadership and communication skills. You should be comfortable representing your team and evangelizing your projects across the organization and in front of senior leadership, partners, and customers.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Bonus Points If
- MBA from a top-ranked university
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible Time Off
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.