Who We Are
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Maintains system security plans and security policies and procedures;
- Supports and facilitates audit preparation and “in audit” activities of SOC, Financial, Healthcare, and potentially other assessments/certifications;
- Effectively tracks audit status and the progression of outstanding items;
- Assist in creation and operation of security controls, processes, procedures, and workflows;
- Conducts analysis of control weaknesses and reports results on a continuous basis;
- Evaluates regulatory compliance requirements and engages with a variety of cross functional teams;
- Consults with internal teams to align documentation with operational and technical implementations;
- Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management, control requirements, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met;
- Supports comprehensive documentation of the Cloud Service’s compliance program
- In-depth knowledge of industry and regulatory compliance standards
- Possesses ability to explain complex topics to audiences with no auditing experience
What You'll Need
- 2-5 years of experience related to information security & compliance frameworks.
- A proven track record in developing/maintaining information security policies and procedures.
- An eagerness to be a part of building an effective and efficient compliance program
- Able to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (in business terms)
- Ability to collaborate across interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals; an innovative teammate, problem solver, and consultant.
- Ability to evangelize IT security to make it a critical part of business operations; build trust and respect for the security function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Understanding of cloud, SaaS, and IoT architectures, and their implications on information security strategy.
Bonus Points If
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Formal certification in Information Security Management: CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA.
- Deep understanding of FedRAMP / SOC2 / HIPAA - Provide a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.