We Are Veritone One
Veritone One is one of the world’s largest full-service performance-based audio advertising agencies, creating native and traditional ads for the world’s most recognizable brands. The agency’s expertise in media buying, planning and creative execution, coupled with its unmatched ability to track near real-time performance of advertisements through Veritone, Inc.’s proprietary aiWARE™ technology, enables Veritone One to deliver ads with unmatched effectiveness in a way that’s simple, scalable and trackable. Veritone One is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Veritone, Inc. (NASDAQ: VERI) and is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California. You can view us at: www.veritoneone.com
What You’ll Do
The Account Strategist is the developer and leads the strategic direction of the account. You’ll be working directly with Strategy department management to maximize your portfolio of accounts and subsequent account billing growth. You’ll be collaborative, analytical, and exploit any potential opportunity to promote account success. You’ll develop strategies that win business, grow accounts, and reinforce our reputation as performance marketing experts.
You’ll allocate your time assisting sales/AEs to establish new business, collaborating with account managers to grow key accounts. In this role you will:
- Assist the Sales and Account Executive teams in developing aggressive test and learn strategies to quickly define and exceed client KPIs on new business
- Use agency and external tools (including client supplied data) and research to develop a strategic roadmap for the account
- Drive the strategic direction of the account by working directly with client contact and entire internal team (Account Manager, Creative, Analytics, Media) -- media and creative to be based on client demographic target and goals; analytics to be based on any funnel insights discussed during the onboarding process
- Ensure media plans, messaging and measurement approach align with your strategy
- Present the strategic approach and associated media strategy to the client
- Review test / campaign results to determine strategic insights and optimizations - share findings directly with the client and with the internal team (ongoing/weekly)
- Post launch/test, work with the client and account manager to develop a strategic roadmap and OKRs
- Ongoing - be the account expert on new and upcoming marketing trends - attend webinars, workshops, panels, research discussions, etc - and then share
- Build deeper, more strategic relationships with our network partners that will translate into better value for the client
- Utilize agency resources efficiently and effectively to manage/execute large campaigns
- Be flexible, nimble and intentional to deliver the highest quality product possible
- Manage a portfolio of clients where you’ll design the strategy and assist the AM with it’s execution
- Each account to have a clear road map (with buy in for the AM, AE and Strategy management) that lays out short and long term strategies with tactical plans to exceed AOP
- Stay current on performance marketing media, trends and measurement tools. Outline accounts that make sense and work with the AM to weave them into the strategy
- Be a resource for the agency with regard to scaling and optimizing an account
- Attend weekly calls/meetings for all major accounts to build trust and a close relationship with the client
- Assist the AMs with quarterly recaps for all accounts. Identify areas of opportunity to scale and present them to the client
- Travel to client meetings with the account team
- Outline an annual strategy for all accounts and manage its implementation
- Ensure agency deliverables meet or exceed client expectations and are on time
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree marketing, business or psychology (MBA or masters a plus)
- 5+ years agency experience in account management, development, or media buying/planning roles
- Ability to work in a team environment (team management experience a plus)
- A deep understanding of media buying and channel allocation best practices - including Audio (radio and podcast), TV (linear, OTT, FEP) & Digital (streaming, display, search) and influencer marketing
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate and apply strategic thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.