We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
We are seeking a seasoned and motivated Senior Director Corporate Marketing & PR/AR to create compelling narratives in both mainstream media and trade outlets alike about our company, products, technology, and leaders. These stories will fortify our growth, brand awareness, and thought leadership objectives and further elevate Veritone as a known leader in artificial intelligence. As a member of Veritone’s growing marketing team, this role will specifically drive our public relations, industry analyst relations, and executive communications.
You will be responsible for developing and successfully executing earned media programs, educating and maintaining top-of-mind awareness with key industry analysts, and coordinating executive and subject-matter-expert interviews all with the mission to increase Veritone’s share of voice within the markets we serve.
Candidates should be able to understand complex details across business and technology, business processes, and economic value, and communicate that complexity with simplicity and clarity across media. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and demonstrate an ability to execute precisely and quickly. You must possess an interest in enterprise software and artificial intelligence with published examples that demonstrate command for building voice and authority in diverse media outlets.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the company’s strategic communications plan and execution, including performance reporting
- Drive story ideas from concept to launch – creating themes that can play through PR, social media, executive presentations, general marketing, and internal messaging
- Collaborate with the senior executive team and our PR agency to develop communications strategies that drive visibility for Veritone and key executives
- Collaborate with Marketing, Creative Services, and Investor Relations team members to develop strategic presentations for CEO/executive keynotes, investor events and other high-profile events, shaping the presentation’s narrative, structure, and information content
- Collaborate with Product Marketing team to support media and analyst awareness for new product introductions
- Regularly produce various long- and short-form content such as op-eds, speeches, scripts, press releases, and more
What You'll Need
- Minimum 15 years of experience in public relations, either at an agency or as a senior member of an in-house communications team
- At least 10 years of experience within an enterprise software or B2B technology business
- Extensive media relations experience (trade and mainstream)
- Understanding of B2B software audiences (technical and economic buyers
- Strong research skills and desire to learn about a wide range of topics
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior executives and lead projects from conception to final execution with excellence
- Experience working with trade and industry analyst firms such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, etc.
- Outstanding teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, high energy, and resourceful.
- Results-oriented, committed to quality of product, and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and ability to work under deadline
- Familiarity with AI/machine learning, IoT, big data, and cloud technology
- BA/BS in English, journalism, marketing, or related field (combination with computer science degree, study or certification is a plus)
Working at Veritone:
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package
- Stock Options
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays
- Flexible Time Off
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!