We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What you'll do
We’re looking for a well-rounded Security Engineer with an impressive engineering background and a resume to back it all up. As a Security Engineer at Veritone, you will help us achieve a world-class engineering posture to protect critical assets for the company and its customers.
You are relied on by your teammates and coworkers as a technical contributor with a focus on achieving security by design throughout all stages of product development. Your primary goal is to protect Veritone’s customers, systems, and data from internal and external threats. You work collaboratively with other teams to identify and address security issues throughout our infrastructure and services. You will build efficient, scalable solutions that make our products secure. You work to prevent potential security incidents, and respond quickly and thoroughly in the event an incident occurs. You act as an advocate for the Security team, evangelizing best practices around the company.
- Partner with product and feature teams to create designs that not just eliminate known vulnerabilities, but eliminate entire classes of vulnerabilities with secure-by-design principles.
- Develop and deploy security tooling, policies, automations, and processes
- Help maintain and scale intrusion detection and incident response pipelines and tools
- Participate in incident response activities as an incident responder, a subject matter expert, and/or a liaison to product teams
- Evangelize security at all levels of the organization
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ years in security focused realm
- Understanding of modern security engineering concepts, common classes of vulnerabilities, and secure controls, such as cryptography, to secure systems.
- Strong experience with cloud platforms ie. AWS/Azure
- Able to produce high-quality operations documentation (runbooks, wiki pages, etc)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience in creating a company wide SSO mechanism
- Experience designing software with zero trust methodologies
- Familiarity with common SIEM and logging platforms (e.g., Splunk, ELK, FireEye)
- Experience building zero-trust infrastructure
- Experience with vulnerability management processes & tools
- Experience with data loss/leakage prevention processes & tools
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.