Who We Are
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. To learn more, visit us at Veritone.com.
What You’ll Do
Ensure consistency in BU strategic planning & operations support
- pull together financials, operational progress/challenges and overall BU strategy in a uniform, straightforward format
- Designated BU partner to bridge finance, strategy & operation gap between BU and Finance
- Partner with BU lead to develop and monitor financial KPIs (quarterly & annually)
- Data Management
- Centralizing data and correlations to understand (the following but not limited to):
- Spend Leverage: by Vendor, medium, growth opportunities
- Library management: by vendor, type, what’s performing, what is underutilized
Deliver BU-Level Reporting & Analysis
- Revenue and COS estimate for AOP, in addition to quarterly re-forecasts
- Describe and analyze key assumptions that ‘bridge’ recent trends to AOP or forecast
- Revenue Forecasting (weekly)
- Ability to speak to changes, concerns & opportunities
- Strategically partner with BU lead on reporting and communication
- Analyze sales pipeline through salesforce.com to identify ‘dirty’ or incomplete files
- Review AOP (monthly & quarterly)
- Review analysis of actuals against both the AOP and forecasts
- Collaborate with BU leader to identify cause of variances, ensure follow-up actions are planned and set in motion
Strategic Partner to BU Leader: understand BU strategy, go-to-market approach, products and deal priorities to improve BU operating efficiency and guide high-level BU strategy
- Cost of Sales (monthly & quarterly)
- Partner with BU lead to provide insight into areas of improvement
- Partner with Product Management leads to understand all costs associated with each product for the BU
- Partner with function team to allocate for a lot of COS
- Partner with BU lead on annual commission analysis, quota calculations
- BU competitive analysis in marketplace
- Involvement GTM Product Initiatives
- GTM strategy
- Strategic Partners
- Research – Competitors, demand, etc.
- Help operationalize billing, tracking, etc.
- Improve the operating leverage of the business unit in preparation for fast and significant increases in scale by improving, automating and/or rearchitecting existing processes.
- Develop standard pricing and sales terms
- Support sales team to pursue new contracts and renewals
- Interface with BU leaders for variances to standard pricing and terms
- Assist sales teams with pricing and strategy
- Analysis of COGS, Gross Profit
What You'll Need
- A dynamic mindset with the ability to see, understand and communicate a high level strategic vision while also being ready to dive into very granular details and do the hands-on work required to support growth of the business unit in the strategic direction
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a cross functional team consisting of sales, operations, finance, product management and engineering, as well as present to C-Suite executives.
- Experience with building financial models for various scenarios, including forecasting a full P&L for the business unit.
- Experience with developing slide deck presentations
Bonus Points If
- Significant experience in corporate M&A, investment banking or management/strategy consulting
- Baseline understanding of technology and software business models
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.