Who We Are
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Established a strategy for the deployment of ERP and Business Intelligence tools.
- Worked closely with the Finance and Operations leadership team to define project roadmaps operational reporting.
- Provide real time and data warehouse based reporting for financial activity with ERP.
- Collaborate with various organizations (including Recruiting, HR, Finance, Comp, etc) and leadership to structure, report, and analyze data to drive process insights and improvements
- Develop, test and validate dashboards for various business partners and leaders
- Train and educate client teams on data metrics and dashboards
- Ensure accuracy and final quality review of all products / reports
- Support new system implementations from discovery to launch
- Provide ad-hoc or special project data analysis to business leaders that enable them to achieve their goals, drive decision making and create new strategies where necessary
- Stand up, socialize and ensure consistency around data hierarchy, definitions etc., and maintain consistent and accurate data in our systems including historical data.
- Document and implement data workflows, process maps, etc. as required.
- Provide overall guidance and direction to development, maintenance and analysis of the program financial activity, scheduling and performance measurement data
- Lead and/or perform financial planning and analysis for a complex program of moderate to large size, or several smaller programs for an organization
- Develop and analyze forecasts and financial reports and communicate financial issues/risks to non-financial personnel
- Apply critical thinking to assist site management in identifying risk and developing risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure GAAP and Corporate policies guiding revenue recognition are adhered to on every contract and properly reflected in Site plans and forecasts
- Conduct internal training sessions on relevant financial topics within area of expertise
- Ensure soundness of analysis, good business judgment, compliance with policies and procedures, adequacy of results and that all costs and reasonable fees have been provided for
- Maintain effective business relationships with, and serve as point of contact with, government, commercial, foreign and domestic customers
- Support negotiations with the government, industry prime contractors and foreign customers
- Provide oversight of global linearity of manufacturing activities and forecasting, track cost-down initiatives across assigned programs and Line of Business
- Understand standards of conduct to include: conflicts of interests; improper practices; liability and fraud
- Understand contract design and structure to include: FFP; CPIF; CPFF; CPAF; BOA; IDIQ; Foreign Military Sale (FMS); and International Direct Commercial Sale (DCS), and, competitive and sole source procurements
- Participate in acquisition planning strategies including: the definition of contract requirements and risks, and, market research
- Support proposal preparations including: bid/no-bid requirements; cost estimating; pricing; RFP review; risk mitigation; and negotiation
- Understand source selection evaluation process to include cost and price analysis, discussions, debriefings and protest
- Program and finance: Basis of Estimate (BOE) preparation; budget preparation, reporting and management; cost & variance analysis; Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS); estimate at completion (EAC); cash management/working capital; forecasting; contractual reporting (CDRL, EVM, cost and pricing, C/SSR); risk management; return on investment (ROI); audit preparation and management; and program review preparation
- Mentor, train and provide work leadership to less-experienced Financial Analysts
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Maximize IT utilization through electronic commerce and ERP/Oracle implementation
- Provide claims and litigation support involving ASBCA and USCFC
- General business operations knowledge to include: management principles; business development; HR; operations; finance; accounting; economics; and information technology
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field and at least eight years of progressive experience in a government manufacturing environment
- MA, MS and/or professional certification is highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of the FAR, DFAR, CAS & SOX
- Strong grasp of generally accepted accounting principles and an in-depth working knowledge of the cost accounting standards (CAS) and IFRS
- Strong contract compliance knowledge
- Strong leadership and developmental skills
- Understand advanced financial analysis principles and have financial analysis skills
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Ability to guide difficult analysis on programs
- Working knowledge of IR&D/B&P/direct sell and allowable vs. unallowable cost
- Strong communicator of financial issues/risks to non-financial personnel
Bonus Points If
- Experience with selection process of ERP systems (gather, finalize, and agree on requirements with all stakeholders)