Who We Are
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Engage in consultative dialogue by leveraging green energy industry expertise, technology solution knowledge, and consultative sales techniques to influence client decisions, create value, and meet immediate and long-term business requirements.
- Leverage Veritones AI-based software solutions to deliver compelling value propositions in the area of Virtual Power Plants, Distributed Energy Resource Management, Demand Response, Performance / Capacity Contracting, Wholesale Market Integration / Ancillary Services, and Energy Trading
- Function as a respected, contributing member of the sales team; that means being a “roll-up-your sleeves” producer.
- Meet or exceed individual monthly and quarterly New ARR and deal targets.
- Work to find a great solution for each client using a deep understanding of their business, financial acumen, strong sales process, and creativity.
- Drive the full sales cycle from prospecting through demo and contract negotiations/close.
- Achieve sales quotas through identifying, qualifying and closing business.
- Respond to RRP’s.
- Maintain updated sales records and prospects in salesforce.com.
- Forecast sales activity, revenue achievement and update activity/prospect status in weekly sales meetings and prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific sales targets.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Attend relevant industry and vertical events.
- Be the professional face of Veritone in your territory.
- Orchestrate the buyer journey from first experience and handoff to Customer Success.
- Manage to an agreed upon set of activities, pipeline development and prospect mix to ensure consistent performance excellence quarter over quarter.
- Strategic account and business planning.
- Collaborate with SDR’s, Product Management and the Executive Teamt to help drive pipeline to close new business.
What You'll Need
- 5-10 years’ experience selling a complex energy SaaS, IaaS or PaaS solution (preferably enterprise SaaS software) up-and-down in client organizations.
- Expertise in the energy industry, specifically Renewables and the Distributed Energy sector
- Experience selling software solutions to energy Developers, Independent Power Producers, EPC’s and Utilities
- Familiarity with local utility regulations
- An understanding of Bundled Energy Solutions projects
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence cognitive engines capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related engineering field.
- Proven track record in successful field role hunting new business.
- Solution Selling oriented methodology, ability to convey value and differentiation.
- Skilled at networking and uncovering new opportunities.
- Independent thinker; not afraid of rejection.
- Hunter mentality with proven experience in effectively building a regional territory, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated success in strategic account selling.
- Strong business acumen; polished, and articulate, comfortable selling and presenting to senior level executives.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Creative problem solver who can react quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
Bonus Points If
- Experience in one of the following industry domains is preferred Demand Response, Distributed Energy Resource Management, Energy Trading, Risk Management, Direct Load Control, or Commercial & Industrial Load Management
- Experience with Power & Power Distribution
- Experience with MicroGrids
- Experience with SCADA and Control Systems around Power Delivery
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.