We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What you'll do
- Developing cogent compliant system security plans and security policies and procedures
- Leads and manages SOC, Financial, Healthcare, and potentially other audit assessments/certifications, documentation, conducts analysis of control weaknesses and reports results on a continuous basis;
- Plans, leads, and executes audit engagements with third-party auditors;
- Develop audit programs, working papers, and reports;
- Effectively communicate audit status to executive leadership;
- Coordinates and facilitates audit preparation and “in audit” activities;
- Evaluates regulatory compliance requirements and engages with a variety of cross functional teams;
- Consults with internal teams on engineering designs and development of cloud-based systems;
- Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management, control requirements, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met;
- Evaluates information security and associated risk exposures;
- Evaluates regulatory compliance program with consultation from legal counsel;
- Designs, develops and publishes internal program frameworks, checklists, and procedures using creative publishing and editing software tools;
- Systematically and comprehensively documents the Cloud Service’s compliance program
- Significant experience in control assessment and audit for financial and operational controls
- In-depth knowledge of industry and regulatory compliance standards
- Proven ability to combine business acumen, technical acumen, and process expertise to assess requirements and alignment
- Possesses ability to explain complex topics to audiences with no auditing experience
What You'll Need
- FedRamp Deployment - Has successfully deployed in an AWS and/or Azure environment.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in computing and information security and physical security, including experience with Internet technologies and security issues.
- A proven track record in developing information security policies and procedures, and successful execution.
- Extensive knowledge of business risk, risk assessment and risk-based decision making.
- Able to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (in business terms), including board level.
- A natural influencer and coalition builder; passionate about building high performing teams.
- Ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals; an innovative leader, problem solver and consultant.
- Ability to evangelize IT security to make it a critical part of business operations; build trust and respect for the security function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collabora- tive skills.
- Experienced with contract and vendor negotiations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Understanding of cloud, SaaS, and IoT architectures, and their implications on information security strategy.
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.