We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What you'll do
- Coordinate and execute Red Team campaigns of systems, applications, and networks to discover complex security issues. This activity is intended to identify control gaps in real time in production environments. The data and results will be used to provide insight into controls and to prioritize efforts to address identified gaps.
- The Red Team efforts include skilled ethical hacking which objectives are to identify and safely exploit vulnerabilities in the company’s cybersecurity / or physical perimeters.
- Work with other IT and ISRM teams; application security; vulnerability management teams to help develop detective and preventive techniques.
- Develop and utilize complex hacking tools, create proof of concept exploits, and document attack chains so they can be re-created, and defensive tactics developed for them. Thoroughly document exploit chain/proof of concept scenarios for client consumption.
- Develop innovative and scalable tools, solutions, and processes to enhance the Red Team’s operations. Contribute to developing/implementing cutting edge solutions to solve hard software security and assurance problems and transitioning these solutions to real systems.
- Create detailed reports out of the findings that were made during a test. Risk rate the issues based on the context of the client's controls environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with the ability to prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Work in a self-directed, collaborative, and constructive manner with the business units, and our internal stakeholders to enhance the effectiveness of security processes and controls.
- Mentor engineers and operations personnel in the art of Red Team activities to democratize the knowledge inside the company.
What You'll Need
- FedRamp Deployment - Has successfully deployed in an AWS and/or Azure environment.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in computing and information security and physical security, including experience with Internet technologies and security issues.
- A proven track record in developing information security policies and procedures, and successful execution.
- Extensive knowledge of business risk, risk assessment and risk-based decision making.
- Able to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (in business terms), including board level.
- A natural influencer and coalition builder; passionate about building high performing teams.
- Ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals; an innovative leader, problem solver and consultant.
- Ability to evangelize IT security to make it a critical part of business operations; build trust and respect for the security function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collabora- tive skills.
- Experienced with contract and vendor negotiations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Understanding of cloud, SaaS, and IoT architectures, and their implications on information security strategy.
Bonus Points If
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Advanced degree in technology (computer science/engineering or related field) preferred
- Formal certification in Information Security Management: CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA, and/or CEH an advantage.
- Understanding of FedRamp Rules - Provide a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services
- Security Clearance - hold an active and current DoD security clearance (preferred)
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.