We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What you'll do
- Support architectural reviews and governance processes to ensure alignment with organizational-defined Enterprise Architecture strategies and standards
- Possessing a strong working knowledge of and application of NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), and cloud security
- Implementing and designing security countermeasures to ensure systems are capable of responding in the event of a security breach
- Coordinating security rules and internal access authorization with operations leadership and management
- Ensuring system implement tight access controls by enforcing principles of least privilege and separation of duties
- Experience working with Azure/AWS/Cloud Architect and customer's security team to ensure they understand existing architecture, accreditation boundary, interconnection, common controls, and develop solutions to improve overall network architectural design and improve system security posture
- Documenting existing security guidelines
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and operating security monitoring tools and infrastructure; and designing, implementing, and maintaining security infrastructure, including management of commercial security products
- Defining data protection and governance standards
- Participate in the Architecture Review Board and Change Review Board to ensure that security architecture is adequately addressed in strategy plans, environmental changes, and proposed architecture designs.
- Conduct or facilitate threat modeling of services and applications that tie to the risk and data associated with the service or application.
- Determine baseline security configuration standards, such as principles for OS hardening, network segmentation, identity and access management.
- Support projects, assessments, and initiatives in an advisory capacity as a security SME.
What You'll Need
- FedRamp Deployment - Has successfully deployed in an AWS and/or Azure environment.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in computing and information security and physical security, including experience with Internet technologies and security issues.
- A proven track record in developing information security policies and procedures, and successful execution.
- Extensive knowledge of business risk, risk assessment and risk-based decision making.
- Able to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (in business terms), including board level.
- A natural influencer and coalition builder; passionate about building high performing teams.
- Ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals; an innovative leader, problem solver and consultant.
- Ability to evangelize IT security to make it a critical part of business operations; build trust and respect for the security function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collabora- tive skills.
- Experienced with contract and vendor negotiations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Understanding of cloud, SaaS, and IoT architectures, and their implications on information security strategy.
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.