Who We Are
Veritone (Nasdaq: VERI) is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company’s proprietary operating system, aiWARE™, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video, and other data sources into actionable intelligence. aiWARE can be deployed in a number of environments and configurations to meet customers’ needs. Its open architecture enables customers in the media and entertainment, legal and compliance, and government sectors to easily deploy applications that leverage the power of AI to dramatically improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Veritone is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, with over 300 employees, and has offices in Denver, London, New York, San Diego, and Seattle. To learn more, visit Veritone.com.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a mini-GM looking out for the success of your business with a portfolio of B2B advertising and video products used by media companies around the world.
- Leverage your deep experience in enterprise-level, SaaS product management, Artificial Intelligence, market analysis, agile practices and data-driven decision making to ensure our products exceed the highest standards of customer experience, technical precision, scalability, and profitability.
- Work across the company (Customer Success, Marketing, Operations and Sales) to develop product roadmaps, oversee software development, and launch products to the market.
- Establish product success metrics, monitor their performance, and suggest course corrections to meet these success criteria.
- Focus on achieving the best possible user experience and be passionate about working with customers and development teams to achieve these results.
- Live and breathe the market – know the market(s), customer needs and use cases, the competitors, Veritone differentiators, and how to build roadmaps to exploit Veritone’s competitive strengths.
- Evangelize the vision – develop clear and articulate product visions, be zealous in communicating this across departments internally, and provide leadership in this communication externally.
- Ship – define clear launch features, make decisions along the way, and ship product. Continuously. Work collaboratively with Customer Success, Marketing, Sales, and Operations to build ROIs, pricing, product specifications, product marketing collateral, sales/ops training, trial and beta programs.
- Listen and iterate - talk to customers, prospects, operations, sales, engineering to solicit feedback. Be strong enough not to say yes to everyone, however, and allocate resources effectively to meet the success criteria of the product.
- Emphasize the user experience – bring best of breed consumer product on-boarding and user experiences to B2B, SaaS products and be a force for change internally.
- Measure success - identify necessary metrics to measure the effectiveness of completed projects. Leverage data to understand which products are most successful and identify new opportunities. Track and report performance to key department stakeholders and executives.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years experience as a product manager in a SaaS business; 15+ years in a software environment
- Experience in the video and/or advertising technology industry.
- A talent for engaging with engineering. We don't expect you to have a CS degree, but you must be able to speak the language of developers.
- Strong experience working on complex projects with front-end and back-end components. You're used to driving projects from concept through launch and beyond.
- A passion for user experience, with strong instincts around UI and design.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. You'll own your projects from end to end.
- Remarkable leadership and communication skills. You should be comfortable representing your team and championing your projects across the organization and in front of senior leadership, partners, and customers.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
Bonus Points If
- MBA from a top-ranked university.
- Engineers who have transitioned from developer to product and have 3+ years with heavy SaaS experience both as a developer and as a Product Manager
- Firm understanding of Agile user stories and release cycle
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.