Sr. Software Engineer (Energy)
Who We Are
Veritone (Nasdaq: VERI) is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company’s proprietary operating system, aiWARE™, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video, and other data sources into actionable intelligence. aiWARE can be deployed in a number of environments and configurations to meet customers’ needs. Its open architecture enables customers in the media and entertainment, legal and compliance, and government sectors to easily deploy applications that leverage the power of AI to dramatically improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Veritone is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, with over 300 employees, and has offices in Denver, London, New York, San Diego, and Seattle. To learn more, visit Veritone.com.
What You’ll Do
- Build advanced AI solutions that meet our customer’s needs and are maintainable, cost-effective and responsive focusing on innovative microgrid solutions.
- Partner with our product, design and infrastructure teams to build or enhance applications and services.
- Own the reliability of the application and services
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain software code for our high-performance energy applications.
What You'll Need
- Computer Science Degree
- Experience with Electrical Engineering and Power Systems
- Heavy math background at least linear algebra
- Experience with IoT sensors and remoting such Raspberry PI, LoraWAN, Zigbee among others.
- Experience with SCADA and Control Systems around Power Delivery
- Understands advanced algorithms such as Dynamic Programming - How dynamic programming is used to speed up matrix calculations at a base level.
- At least 5 years of professional experience building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered and distributed environment.
- Design and implement services in a variety of programming languages including Python, Golang.
- Successful deployment of production code at scale.
- Proven track record of writing maintainable code which includes unit tests, readable code and decent implementations of design patterns.
Bonus Points If
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or solid knowledge of CS fundamentals (OOP, design patterns, algorithms, etc...)
- Familiar with SCADA Protocols such as OPC, Modbus and controller proprietary protocols.
- Experience and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work on the next generation of Artificial Intelligence applications .
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.