Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
The Senior Product Manager- Data Governance will lead the strategy and roadmap to enhance data privacy and resiliency across Verisign’s product portfolio. This is a partnership-driven role relying on close collaboration with technical, legal, product, and policy stakeholders to further deliver on the company’s protect mission.
- Lead the execution of privacy and resiliency improvements across the product portfolio by:
- Establishing and leading a governance model across various stakeholders
- Managing a roadmap addressing privacy and resiliency use cases
- Distilling business requirements for privacy features such as cookie consent management, opt-in/opt-out communications management, and data removal features
- Defining improvement measurements and tracking progress thereof
- Gaining alignment on critical requirements, decompose features into user stories, and define acceptance criteria for technical teams to execute
- Establishing business processes with other departments, as appropriate
- Stay abreast of industry trends for data privacy, security, and resiliency issues and solutions, identifying practices that apply to Verisign’s product suite
- Leverage technical capabilities to identify and drive new features and program enhancements
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent required
- Graduate Degree or Equivalent Experience preferred
- 12+ years professional experience
- 7+ years project/product management role with strong prioritization, organization, and problem-solving skills, leading cross-functional organizational projects
- 5+ years applying change management principles
- 5+ years knowledge of current web development processes and web development technologies
- 3+ years knowledge of data governance practices, business, and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection, preferred
- Experience with OneTrust or other data privacy tools, preferred
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Additionally, Verisign is committed to helping our diverse workforce manage a healthy work-life balance through all stages of their life and career. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with highly competitive benefits and robust learning programs. For more information, click on the links below.
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.