At Verishop, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: inspiring and convenient. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where millennials can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in shaping the partnership strategy, team and culture.
The Partnership Team at Verishop:
We’re a lean, fast-growing, passionate team with diverse experiences and backgrounds including work at e-commerce companies, digitally native brands, premier department stores and brick-and-mortar stores. We’re building out our selection with the millennial shopper in mind by setting strategy, acquiring brands, and establishing tools to help drive the customer experience. Brand relationships are of the utmost importance to us as a key tenant of our mission is to help our brand partners thrive.
We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where every member of the team is a business owner. We want you to have a seat at the table because your opinion matters here. To that end, we are hiring partnership leaders who bring a dynamic skill set. We're creating a diverse team of tastemakers, strategists, creative problem solvers, and data analysts who can work closely with our tech team to build a new kind of online-shopping platform.
If you want a part in building a better e-commerce experience for both customers and brands, we hope to hear from you.
About this role:
We’re looking for a Partnerships Manager for our Home category who can create and employ strategy, while running the business. The role is responsible for onboarding brands, negotiating with vendors, and getting products live on the site. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, quantitatively strong and a creative problem solver with strong communication skills. He/she/they will ultimately be responsible for onboarding brands, managing sales, margin, sell-through, inventory dollars as well as helping to control costs in other parts of the P&L. This role will report to the GM of Partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Acquire established brands while discovering/signing emerging brands
- Educate sellers on the range of Verishop offerings and onboard as vendors
- Create strategies by vendor that include, but extend beyond, sales and margin
- Ensure fast and efficient ready-for-sale state for all products
- Walk the store to ensure category integrity, from onsite appearance to information accuracy and creative execution
- Assist marketing in promotional calendar and onsite assets
- Responsible for planning and understanding inventory needs; managing sell-through
- Understand the market landscape and market trends in the space as well as competitive landscape to identify opportunities and best-in-class practices
- Analyze business for trends and deep dive into data to improve brand and category performance
- Analyze inventory to provide ongoing recommendations for right-sizing
- Create business recaps that speak to category performance
- Establish business terms and negotiate with vendors
- Responsible for KPIs and analytics of performance after launch
- Contribute wherever there are needs and flex as priorities shift
- 5-7+ years working in a sales, buying, and/or wholesale role
- Strong understanding of industry trends in the category
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong communication, presentation, problem-solving and project management skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
At Verishop, we are committed to creating a team of diverse backgrounds and identities and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.