At Verishop, we are re-imagining the e-commerce platform with a mission-driven approach. We’re focused on building a platform where brands can thrive that’s intuitive and delightful for the millennial shopper.
We’ve assembled a team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce marketplace and online user behavior. We’re looking to add intrepid individuals who are both skilled and enthusiastic about having a role in building the technology, team, and culture from the ground up.
Engineering at Verishop
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate technologists with diverse experiences and backgrounds, having worked at companies like Cadre, Dollar Shave Club, Edmunds, Microsoft Facebook, Snapchat and Tinder. We’re building a next-gen online shopping platform using cutting-edge technologies like Serverless and React. We have a cloud-native architecture, hosted fully on AWS. We practice Continuous Delivery and deploy code to production several times a day behind feature flags. We like to launch incremental chunks of features to our users, learn from what we launched and iterate based on our learnings. We believe in making data-informed, user-centric decisions. We’re fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth.
In addition to our consumer-facing platform, we also build and deploy software solutions for our internal business users to streamline their workflows. We like to build flexible capabilities that empower our internal users to self-serve and operate the business with complete visibility and minimal dependence on technologists.
Given how early-stage our company is, you would get to be part of the core team of technologists who are responsible for shaping our product direction, design, architecture and team culture. You’ll be working on greenfield projects and laying the foundations for a stack that will support our projected fast-paced business growth.
About This Role
As a QA Engineer you will be fully integrated into the product development and support life cycle, from ideation to maintenance. You will be responsible for executing existing processes, but also challenging the paradigm in the interest of efficiency and excellence. There will be core responsibilities for traditional QA processes: test planning, triage, regression. But there will also be chances to experiment, innovate our practices, and pursue career development opportunities.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Be a guiding light in ensuring quality internal and external product releases
- Design test strategies for existing and new features
- Write nimble but bombproof test plans
- Host and manage internal company test sessions
- Monitor multiple channels for incoming bug reports: Instabug, Slack, CS, etc.
- Triage incoming defect reports; align with Tech, Customer Service, and Business teams on priority and severity
- Work hand in hand with Design, PM team and engineering teams; take your place at the table
- Participate in the iOS release, and deployment release processes
- Work in unison with our external QA partners
- Provide technical support to internal team members and contribute to onboarding new employees onto the Beta program
- Help the QA Lead and Engineering teams build an automation strategy
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, adjacent fields or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years experience with testing on web browsers, mobile web and native mobile apps
- Solid understanding of iPhone and Android operating systems and hardware; desire to keep up to date with new smartphone technologies and updates
- Ingrained understanding of software product life cycles
- Ability to isolate defects effectively, as well as provide specific conditions for reproducibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to present new ideas and solutions
- Experience working in a distributed product-team environment
- Experience with agile test tools and methodologies
- Web automation experience and/or native Android and iOS automation experience is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD tooling and configuration is a plus
- Ability to produce and create test data analysis, statistics, and reports is a big plus
At Verishop, we are committed to creating a team of diverse backgrounds and identities and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.