At Verishop, we are re-imagining the e-commerce platform with a mission-driven approach. We’re focused on building a platform where brands can thrive that’s intuitive and delightful for the millennial shopper.
We’ve assembled a team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce marketplace and online user behavior. We’re looking to add intrepid individuals who are both skilled and enthusiastic about having a role in building the technology, team, and culture from the ground up.
Engineering at Verishop
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate technologists with diverse experiences and backgrounds, having worked at companies like Cadre, Dollar Shave Club, Edmunds and Snap. We’re building a next-gen online shopping platform using cutting-edge technologies like Serverless and React. We have a cloud-native architecture, hosted fully on AWS. We practice Continuous Delivery and deploy code to production several times a day behind feature flags. We like to launch incremental chunks of features to our users, learn from what we launched and iterate based on our learnings. We believe in making data-informed, user-centric decisions. We’re fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth.
In addition to our consumer-facing platform, we also build and deploy software solutions for our internal business users to streamline their workflows. We like to build flexible capabilities that empower our internal users to self-serve and operate the business with complete visibility and minimal dependence on technologists.
Given how early-stage our company is, you would get to be part of the core team of technologists who are responsible for shaping our product direction, design, architecture and team culture. You’ll be working on greenfield projects and laying the foundations for a stack that will support our projected fast-paced business growth.
About this role:
We’re looking for a polyglot backend engineer who has experience working with multiple backend languages and frameworks and is not daunted by learning new technologies. Our ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated and proactive problem solver who can take a feature from idea to spec to a highly scalable solution swiftly. As part of the early team, you also need to be a great verbal and written communicator.
What you’ll do:
- Develop scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available and observable web-based software systems.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to design solutions for business problems.
- Own the end-to-end development lifecycle of code you author, from your developer machine all the way to production, including writing automated tests, monitors and alerts.
- Collaborate with engineers on architecture and code reviews.
- Mentor other junior engineers on software engineering principles.
- Research and prototype technologies and solutions that could benefit the rest of the team.
- Document information about work you author in a clean and easy-to-consume format through well-written text, diagrams and visuals. ASCII art is optional.
- Optimize performance of production systems to improve scalability, uptime and response times.
- Participate in hiring panels to hire new engineers to the team and onboard new engineers.
- 3- 5+ years experience in two or more of the following technologies: Python / Django, Node.js / Express, Ruby / Rails, PHP / Laravel or GoLang
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on production systems with high availability and scalability.
- Experience with data warehouses like Redshift, Hive.
- Data modelling experience with relational databases like MySQL and/or Postgres.
- Experience designing Rest APIs and/or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with key-value data stores like Redis and/or Memcached
- Prior experience with stream processing systems like Kinesis or Kafka is a big plus
- Prior experience with DynamoDB is a plus
- Prior experience with Serverless technologies (specifically AWS Lambda) is a plus