At Verishop, we are re-imagining the e-commerce platform with a mission-driven approach. We’re focused on building a platform where brands can thrive that’s intuitive and delightful for the millennial shopper.
We’ve assembled a team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce marketplace and online user behavior. We’re looking to add intrepid individuals who are both skilled and enthusiastic about having a role in building the technology, team, and culture from the ground up.
Engineering at Verishop:
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate technologists with diverse experiences and backgrounds, having worked at companies like Cadre, Dollar Shave Club, Edmunds and Tinder. We’re building a next-gen online shopping platform using cutting-edge technologies like Serverless and React. We have a cloud-native architecture, hosted fully on AWS. We practice Continuous Delivery and deploy code to production several times a day behind feature flags. We like to launch incremental chunks of features to our users, learn from what we launched and iterate based on our learnings. We believe in making data-informed, user-centric decisions. We’re fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth.
In addition to our consumer-facing platform, we also build and deploy software solutions for our internal business users to streamline their workflows. We like to build flexible capabilities that empower our internal users to self-serve and operate the business with complete visibility and minimal dependence on technologists.
Given how early-stage our company is, you would get to be part of the core team of technologists who are responsible for shaping our product direction, design, architecture and team culture. You’ll be working on greenfield projects and laying the foundations for a stack that will support our projected fast-paced business growth.
About this role:
We’re looking for an iOS engineer who is passionate about building engaging native mobile experiences on the iOS platform. Our ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated, proactive and collaborative problem solver who can take a feature from designs to a polished experience Swiftly. As part of the early team, you also need to be a great verbal and written communicator.
What you’ll do:
- Develop elegant and slick user experiences for our iOS app.
- Collaborate with engineers, product designers and product managers to design solutions for business problems.
- Lead architecture conversations for new features and collaborate with engineers on code reviews.
- Mentor other engineers on software engineering best practices.
- Be a technology consultant and source of knowledge for the team.
- Efficiently decompose large features into smaller units of work and help others engineers do the same.
- Own the end-to-end development lifecycle of code you author, from your developer machine all the way to production into users’ hands, including writing automated tests, monitors and alerts.
- Research and prototype technologies and solutions that could benefit the team and tech stack.
- Document information about work you author in a clean and easy-to-consume format through well-written text, diagrams and visuals. ASCII art is optional.
- Optimize performance of the app to improve response times and user engagement.
- Participate in hiring panels and onboarding programs to hire and onboard new engineers to the team.
- 6+ years experience building production-grade iOS apps
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Swift and/or Objective-C
- Experience working with animations and motion
- Data modelling experience with relational data stores and non-relational data stores
- Experience consuming Rest APIs and/or GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of best practices with mobile user authentication mechanisms
- Experience with feature flags, beta testing and release workflows
- Experience instrumenting apps with analytics frameworks
- Experience designing and launching AB tests in iOS apps
- Experience with app performance optimization
- Experience integrating native apps with a Content Management System
- Experience with internationalization, localization and translation of native mobile experiences
- Experience with Android development is a big plus
- Prior experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment is a plus
- Prior experience in the e-commerce domain is a big plus
- watchOS experience is a plus