At Verishop, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: curated, convenient and inspiring. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where millennials can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in building the creative strategy, team and culture from the ground up.
The Team at Verishop:
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate employees with diverse experiences and backgrounds, having worked at ecommerce companies, digitally native brands, the largest department stores, ecommerce platforms and even brick-and-mortar stores. We’re building out our technology, logistics and selection with the millennial shopper in mind – setting strategy, building products, curating brands and helping drive the customer experience.
We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where every member of the team is a business owner – we want you to have a seat at the table because every opinion matters here. We are building a team of creatives, strategists, creative problem solvers, data analysts and more. We want our employees to be inspired every day they come to work and that starts with the people around them.
Our passion is to create a better experience for our customers and our brands and we hope you will join us on that journey.
About this role:
Verishop is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Program Manager to join the Merchant Solutions team. The Merchant Solutions is a highly cross-functional team responsible for the products, systems, processes and programs to enable merchant success at scale.
Verishop has recently launched a self-service channel, Verified Shops, to enable merchants to easily integrate with and sell their products on Verishop. The candidate will own strategic initiatives to further the development of the self-service platform and build out the merchant ecosystem. The ideal candidate for the Program Manager position will have prior experience in scaled organizations, extensive cross-functional leadership experience and can apply that knowledge in developing Verishop’s merchant platform. Experience in product or program management positions and/or early stage product development is preferred.
- The candidate will lead a diverse array of strategic initiatives necessary to build and develop the merchant ecosystem. Example projects include:
- Product managing the development of key features of the merchant platform
- Developing a unified taxonomy and product categorization system with cross-functional buy-in
- Creating a program to enable merchants to participate in site wide promotions
- Partnering with the Marketing team to identify optimizations to improve merchant sales
- Developing and maintaining a help center and other merchant education materials to enable merchants to self-answer questions
- Leading international expansion for Verishop
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or related masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in program management, product management, consulting or strategy roles (eCommerce experience preferred but not required)
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Proficient at creating structure in ambiguous environments and a knack for building with scale in mind
- Engages positively with cross-functional stakeholders across a number of different departments (partnerships, marketing, finance, engineering)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expertly balances deliverables across multiple projects and tasks with tactical and strategic scope
- Proactive, detail-oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing environment
- Develops strong relationships with colleagues and jumps in to provide support wherever needed
- Willingness to run fast, work collaboratively and pivot when necessary
- Comfortable working in a remote environment across multiple time zones and communication mediums (email, Slack, video chat, etc.)
At Verishop, we are committed to creating a team of diverse backgrounds and identities and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.