At Verishop, we are re-imagining the e-commerce platform with a mission-driven approach. We’re focused on building a platform where brands can thrive that’s intuitive and delightful for the millennial shopper.
We’ve assembled a team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce marketplace and online user behavior. We’re looking to add intrepid individuals who are both skilled and enthusiastic about having a role in building the selection, team, and culture from the ground up.
About this role:
We're looking for an Accounting Intern to join our team at Verishop. You will have the unique opportunity to learn different aspects of accounting in a fast paced environment.
What you'll do:
- Review and enter invoices from vendors to our accounts payable system
- Perform a “3-way match” to ensure items being invoiced were received and that billing amounts agree to purchase order pricing
- Work closely with the Buying team to follow-up on vendor questions and payment statuses
- Onboard new vendors by creating their account profiles and collecting required tax documents
- Prepare weekly and monthly accounts payable aging reports
- Assist in the Purchase Accrual reconciliation to determine bills not yet received from vendors
- Maintain friendly and professional communication with vendors relating to invoice discrepancies and/or payment inquiries
- Assist with yearly compliance reporting and requests, including, 1099-MISC reporting, tax reporting, audit support, etc.
- Assist with month end close
- Prefer working towards a degree in Accounting
- Strong communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office experience