At Verishop, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: curated, convenient and inspiring. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where millennials can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in building the creative strategy, team and culture from the ground up.
About this role:
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to join our rapidly growing Santa Monica team who is enthusiastic about building a brand’s social presence from the ground up and growing across key channels. We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial candidate who understands the world of e-commerce fashion & beauty, with a proven track record of managing and growing social channels.
What you’ll do:
- Execute & manage the brand’s social weekly/monthly content calendar across all key social channels to increase channel growth across all platforms, and build an online community through engaging, meaningful content.
- Manage daily social communication such as regular posting, captioning, responding to consumer comments, sentiment analysis and inquiries
- Analyze performance of social content on a weekly basis by defining metrics and KPIs to measure the success of social campaigns and initiatives to continuously improve performance & iterate
- Continue to optimize social media strategy with through competitive analysis, a strong understanding of best-practices by key platform, data analysis and consumer insights
- Adapt communications to be more relevant to the consumer through audience segmentation and messaging by platform
- Ability to create engaging social content from scratch – styling, shooting and editing fashion, beauty and home décor content
- Balance in-house branded content with external content to maintain a consistent brand feed aligned with the Verishop brand identity
- Lead on influencer marketing strategy with Head of Marketing: identify on-brand influencers in the social space relevant to the Verishop consumer, develop campaigns, events and maintain partnerships with key talent and brand advocates
- Develop a loyal community of Verishop consumers and help establish the brand as a leader in the e-commerce space.
- Develop and implement campaigns and partnerships that help promote Verishop’s core values and engage the community and acquire new followers
- Serve as a cross-functional partner to Marketing, Creative and Product teams to ensure alignment across company-wide initiatives and champion new media formats and disruptive social ideas
- This role will report to the Head of Marketing
- 5+ years of experience in social media management, content creation, influencer management (agency or brand side)
- Detailed knowledge and expertise of best practices for all key social platforms
- Experience working with social insights tools: Google Analytics, Facebook/Instagram Insights, SproutSocial, or similar programs.
- Passionate and knowledgeable for everything related to social media, e-commerce, fashion retail, beauty
- Strong communication and organizational skills with a powerful attention to detail
- Strong visual aesthetic and proven visual thinker to optimize content for social
- A positive attitude & team player to develop strong collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful social marketing strategies with quantifiable results
- Ability to manage complexity, multiple priorities and tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate creative problem solving, proactiveness and an entrepreneurial spirit