At Verishop, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: curated, convenient and inspiring. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where millennials can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in building the creative strategy, team and culture from the ground up.
If you want a part in building a better shopping experience for both customers and brands, we hope to hear from you.
Operations Planning Lead at Verishop:
We’re building out a lean team of Operations leaders to help analyze, forecast and plan our retail business. This team will be working with buyers and tech to create automated tools to help us better analyze the business, plan and execute on inventory, balancing KPIs of in-stocks and returns.
About this role:
We’re looking for an Operations Planning Lead to join our growing Operations department. This role will be responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the demand forecast to ensure the Operations organization functions in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner. This position will incorporate key inputs from Buying, Finance, Marketing and Operations to develop a SKU-driven forecast that reflects the best information available on likely sales trends.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the forecasting and planning activities for the Operations team.
- Develop effective forecast models based on demand patterns and financial goals of the company
- Cut POs to support planning and ensure execution, collaborating with the buying team.
- Plan inventory needs on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Work with tech to create and build forecasting and planning tools
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management and logistics
- Provide input into developing inventory strategies
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Ad hoc analysis as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, math, supply chain, industrial engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting policies.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Experience in a multi-brand, multi-category retailer is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, problem-solving and project management
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for fashion retail