As Verishop, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: curated, convenient and inspiring. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where millennials can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in building the creative strategy, team and culture from the ground up.
About this Role
We are looking for a passionate and creative Product Designer to join our Product Design team as our second design hire. Our ideal candidate has a good mix of experience with Interaction and Visual Design. As part of an early stage team and company, you will be wearing multiple hats and working on several core portions of our web and native mobile apps. Your work will have a lasting impact and shape how our vision comes to life as simple, intuitive and delightful experiences for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers and other Product Designers to brainstorm, ideate and design engaging experiences on our web and native mobile platforms.
- Organize and lead regular user research sessions to gather insights to help fuel our iterative product development process.
- Produce sketches, wireframes, storyboards and interactive prototypes that capture the essence of our research data, design best practices and product vision.
- Organize and lead design review sessions with key stakeholders.
- Translate wireframes into high fidelity composites and specs for our engineering team, while following our brand and style guidelines.
- Collaboratively build, evolve and evangelize our design system.
- Collaborate with engineers as the product is being built to provide guidance on design vision and polish.
- Mentor other junior product designers on principles of good design.
- Participate in hiring panels to hire new product designers to the team and onboard them.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile experiences across different products and user demographics.
- A strong track record of building engaging visual experiences that are built through an iterative, data-driven and user-centric design process, demonstrated through a portfolio.
- Strong experience in UX and UI design.
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies.
- Current knowledge of both UX best practices and dark patterns.
- Experience building accessible interfaces for all demographics.
- Deep knowledge of the unique traits, features and constraints on web and native mobile when designing experiences for them.
- Proficiency in the following design tools or equivalents: Sketch, InVision and Abstract.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey your approach and design thought process.
- Ability to give and receive positive and critical feedback, especially during our iterative product development process.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and self-managed environment, while proactively collaborating with the rest of the team.
- Experience designing experiences in the ecommerce domain is a big plus.
- Experience designing both web and native mobile experiences is a big plus.
- Experience with Motion Design is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a big plus.