At Verishop, we are re-imagining the e-commerce platform with a mission-driven approach. We’re focused on building a platform where brands can thrive-- that’s intuitive and delightful for the millennial shopper.
We’ve assembled a team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce marketplace and online user behavior. We’re looking to add intrepid individuals who are both skilled and enthusiastic about having a role in building the strategy, team, and culture from the ground up.
Buying at Verishop:
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate buyers with diverse experiences and backgrounds. Our buyers' past experiences include work at e-commerce companies, digitally native brands, premier department stores and brick-and-mortar stores. We’re building out our selection with the millennial shopper in mind by setting strategy, curating brands and establishing tools to help drive the customer experience. Brand relationships are of the utmost importance to us as a key tenant of our mission is to help our brand partners thrive.
We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where every member of the team is a business owner. We want everyone to have a seat at the table because everyone’s opinion matters here. To that end, we are hiring buyers who bring more than just buying skills. We're creating a dynamic team of tastemakers, strategists, creative problem solvers and data analysts who can work closely with our tech team to build a new kind of online-shopping platform.
If you want a part in building a better shopping experience for both customers and brands, we hope to hear from you.
About this role:
We’re looking for a Vice President to oversee the women’s category, which includes women’s apparel, shoes, accessories and handbags. Our ideal candidate has experience managing high performing teams, is adept at managing the full P&L for multiple businesses and is a strategic tastemaker who can help set and drive direction. This candidate is entrepreneurial, quantitatively and financially adept, and a creative problem solver with strong communication skills. He/she will ultimately be responsible for sales, margin, sell-through, inventory dollars as well as helping to control costs in other parts of the P&L for the entire women’s category.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement a strategy that will define and shape our initial women’s offering as well as develop go-forward strategy
- Help acquire larger, more established brands while discovering/signing emerging brands
- Stay educated on trends, attending various shows and conducting relevant research to be at the forefront of fashion
- Walk the store to ensure category integrity, from onsite appearance to information accuracy and creative execution
- Understand the market landscape and market trends in the space as well as competitive landscape to identify opportunities and best-in-class practices
- Help with strategic negotiations from meetings through contract completion
- Help team analyze business for trends and deep dive into data to improve brand and category performance
- Help team analyze inventory to provide ongoing recommendations for right-sizing
- Keep all merchandisers on the same path in terms of strategy and target customer
- Create business recaps that speak to category performance
- Responsible for KPIs and analytics of performance of women’s subcategories as well as overall women’s performance
- Manage and develop high performing teams
- Contribute wherever there are needs and flex as priorities shift
- 10+ years of retail management, divisional merchandise management or extensive buying experience
- Strong leadership, organizational and financial skills necessary
- Ability to change priorities and pivot with the business quickly
- Ability to manage and develop high performing teams
- Ability to adeptly manage, speak to and drive full P&L
- Strong understanding of industry trends in the women’s category
- Tastemaker in the category
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong communication, presentation, problem-solving and project management skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- High attention to detail
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment