At Verishop, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: curated, convenient and inspiring. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where millennials can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in building the creative strategy, team and culture from the ground up.
Buying at Verishop:
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate buyers with diverse experiences and backgrounds. Our buyers' past experiences include work at e-commerce companies, digitally native brands, premier department stores and brick-and-mortar stores. We’re building out our selection with the millennial shopper in mind by setting strategy, curating brands and establishing tools to help drive the customer experience. Brand relationships are of the utmost importance to us as a key tenant of our mission is to help our brand partners thrive.
We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where every member of the team is a business owner. We want you to have a seat at the table because your opinion matters here. To that end, we are hiring buyers who bring more than just buying skills. We're creating a dynamic team of tastemakers, strategists, creative problem solvers and data analysts who can work closely with our tech team to build a new kind of online-shopping platform.
If you want a part in building a better e-commerce experience for both customers and brands, we hope to hear from you.
About this role:
We’re looking for a Sr. Women’s Shoe buyer who is ready to run his/her own business, end-to-end, from setting strategy and negotiating with vendors to managing his/her own open-to-buy (OTB) and getting product to site. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, an experienced category expert, quantitatively strong and a creative problem solver with strong communication skills. He/she will ultimately be responsible for sales, margin, sell-through, inventory dollars as well as helping to control costs in other parts of the P&L.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement a launch strategy that will define and shape our initial women’s shoes offering as well as develop go-forward strategy
- Acquire larger, more established brands while discovering/signing emerging brands
- Create strategies by vendor that include, but extend beyond, sales and margin
- Prepare for marketing appointments and attend meetings/tradeshows when appropriate
- Ensure fast and efficient ready-for-sale state for all products
- Walk the store to ensure category integrity, from onsite appearance to information accuracy and creative execution
- Assist marketing in promotional calendar and onsite assets
- Responsible for planning and understanding inventory needs; managing sell-through, POs and open-to-buy
- Understand the market landscape and market trends in the space as well as competitive landscape to identify opportunities and best-in-class practices
- Analyze business for trends and deep dive into data to improve brand and category performance
- Analyze inventory to provide ongoing recommendations for right-sizing
- Create business recaps that speak to category performance
- Establish business terms and negotiate with vendors
- Responsible for KPIs and analytics of performance after launch
- Contribute wherever there are needs and flex as priorities shift
- 5-8 years of women’s shoe buying experience
- Strong understanding of industry trends in the men’s shoes category
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong communication, presentation, problem-solving and project management skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment