As Verishop, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: curated, convenient and inspiring. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where millennials can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in building the creative strategy, team and culture from the ground up.
Engineering at Verishop
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate technologists with diverse experiences and backgrounds, having worked at companies like Cadre, Dollar Shave Club, Edmunds and Tinder. We’re building a next-gen online shopping platform using cutting-edge technologies like Serverless and React. We have a cloud-native architecture, hosted fully on AWS. We practice Continuous Delivery and deploy code to production several times a day behind feature flags. We like to launch incremental chunks of features to our users, learn from what we launched and iterate based on our learnings. We believe in making data-informed, user-centric decisions. We’re fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth.
In addition to our consumer-facing platform, we also build and deploy software solutions for our internal business users to streamline their workflows. We like to build flexible capabilities that empower our internal users to self-serve and operate the business with complete visibility and minimal dependence on technologists.
Given how early-stage our company is, you would get to be part of the core team of technologists who are responsible for shaping our product direction, design, architecture and team culture. You’ll be working on greenfield projects and laying the foundations for a stack that will support our projected fast-paced business growth.
About this Role:
We’re looking for an Frontend engineer who is passionate about building engaging responsive web experiences. Our ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated, proactive and collaborative problem solver who can take a feature from designs to a polished experience rapidly. As part of the early team, you also need to be a great verbal and written communicator.
What you’ll do:
- Develop elegant and slick user experiences for our ecommerce site and internal tools.
- Collaborate with engineers, product designers and product managers to design solutions for business problems.
- Own the end-to-end development lifecycle of code you author, from your developer machine all the way to production into users’ hands, including writing automated tests, monitors and alerts.
- Collaborate with engineers on architecture and code reviews.
- Mentor other junior engineers on software engineering principles.
- Research and prototype technologies and solutions that could benefit the rest of the team.
- Document information about work you author in a clean and easy-to-consume format through well-written text, diagrams and visuals. ASCII art is optional.
- Optimize performance of our web apps to improve response times and user engagement.
- Participate in hiring panels to hire new engineers to the team and onboard new engineers.
- 5+ years experience building production-grade interactive frontend applications, with at least 3 of those years focussed on building single page apps in one or more of the following frameworks: React, Vue, AngularJS and Ember
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience authoring modern and scalable CSS
- Experience working with component libraries and design systems
- Experience with unit testing, component-level testing and end-to-end testing
- Experience working with animations and motion
- Experience consuming Rest APIs and/or GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of best practices with user authentication mechanisms
- Experience with feature flags, beta testing and release workflows
- Experience instrumenting apps with analytics frameworks
- Experience designing and launching AB tests
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques and cross-browser compatibility considerations
- An eye for good design and UX
- Experience working with build tools to deploy frontend applications to production
- Experience integrating with a headless Content Management System is a big plus
- Experience with server-side rendering and code splitting (specifically using next.js) is a big plus
- Experience with Typescript is a big plus
- Experience with internationalization, localization and translations is a big plus
- Prior experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment is a plus
- Prior experience in the e-commerce domain is a big plus