Veriff helps companies all over the world connect with honest people. Our software verifies over 9,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries. That's millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of people safer online.
Veriff is powered by 100+ microservices owned by different engineering teams. Each team has its own area of responsibility and freedom to make its own decisions, choose tooling and adjust the process of work. We value quality, ownership, integrity and trust.
About Verification Tools team
The Verification Tools team is responsible for building tools to power verification processes inside Veriff. For example, our verification flow that enables the Verification team to review incoming sessions, the Session Distributor which distributes these sessions in the most efficient way, our Verification Dashboard, and more.
As a Senior Engineer, we expect you to influence and guide your peers to the next level in solving complex challenges, help untangle problems for the team and groom complicated features to a level where implementation becomes clear for your teammates. We want you to see the forest, not just the trees and to be able to formalize plans and coordinate bigger initiatives. You will be working closely with our stakeholders to build the best possible tooling that makes the verification process fast, accurate and reliable. How does it sound for you to help millions of people online to verify their identities?
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Writing high-quality, maintainable, tested and efficient code with TypeScript, Python and GraphQL
- Doing (and receiving) code reviews and providing feedback to your peers
- Identifying and advocating the use of new technologies, libraries, tools, and best practices in the team and across Veriff
- Contributing to the tools that other engineers at Veriff use, like our logging library, GraphQL framework etc
- Collaborating with other engineers both inside and outside the team to find solutions to complex problems
The perfect future Veriffian
Our main back-end language is TypeScript, but you will need to write some code in Python from time to time. Also, we are actively using GraphQL, therefore previous experience with it at scale is a huge plus.
We expect you to have:
- Proficiency in microservices, database design, SQL, and CI/CD
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL and RabbitMQ is a great plus
- Good command of English and great communication skills
- High level of self-organization, ownership and responsibility
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Receive relocation support and relocation bonus to help you to settle in Estonia
- Do impactful work and see the results, and the value you are producing, while maintaining healthy work/life balance
- Receive competitive compensation with salary as well as stock options package
- Be able to work both from home or the pet-friendly office in Tallinn
- Get mentorship, learning opportunities and support from your team through code reviews, pair programming sessions, regular 1:1s, educational (and fun) events and other development programs inside Veriff
- Receive great career opportunities to grow as an individual constructor or as a leader
- Be a part of a diverse team that welcomes all races, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, ages and celebrates differences
- Get additional health insurance, that covers both physical and mental health