Does the idea of changing the world get you hyped? How about being a key player in data-driven decision making in a company helping the digital world become a safer place? Join Veriff as a Data Engineer and play a critical role in making crucial data accessible to all areas of the business, including Product, Finance, and Revenue.
Veriff helps companies all over the world connect with honest people. In a year, our team grew from 17 to 250+, and our software verifies over 9,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries. That's millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and one day billions, of people safer online.
As a part of our Data Engineering team, you will help support our data-driven culture by building the platform that brings all our data into one place and makes it accessible to stakeholders.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Building a data warehousing platform that scales to billions of rows of data
- Developing ETL pipelines and workflows
- Integrating data from various sources into the data warehouse
- Working with stakeholders to design and document pristine data models
You are the right future Veriffian for the job if you have:
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and Python
- Experience with orchestration frameworks like Apache Airflow or Luigi
- A strong understanding of data modeling (3NF, Star/Snowflake)
- Experience with working with data coming from various sources (RDMS, APIs, files) in various formats (JSON, Avro, Parquet)
You’re an especially awesome match if you have:
- Experience with stream processing frameworks like Apache Flink or Apache Kafka and distributed analytics tools like Apache Spark
- Knowledge of programming languages like Scala and Java
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Build a data warehouse for the world's next big success story (Veriff is backed by investors such as Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit)
- Do impactful work at a startup that’s growing crazy-fast and is packed with career opportunities
- Join a diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Receive generous sports benefits and additional health insurance
- Be in a pet-friendly and flexible work environment where you are in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility
- Get all the perks that come with a disruptive tech start-up, including health days, unlimited snacks and coffee at the office, team events, and much more