Veriff helps companies all over the world connect with honest people. In a year, our team grew from 17 to 250+, and our software verifies over 9,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries. That's millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and one day billions, of people safer online.
As the head of our design team, you will lead both our vision and your team but you should also be ready to get your hands dirty when it's needed. You attract amazing people as you love to inspire and motivate others. You are the heart of the team and are always keen to grow and help anyone around you. At the same time, you have in-depth knowledge about the hands-on work itself and a wish to spread your knowledge.
This position will be based in Tallinn, Estonia.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Bringing a well-organized and systematic approach to building our design team
- Leading, mentoring and motivating - creating the best possible environment that sets everyone in the design team up for success
- Actively participating in growing Veriff´s design team and attracting the best talent out there
- Being the voice of design within Veriff
- Developing and pushing the Veriff brand to a new level of consistency and awesomeness
- Supporting our product development teams with understanding customer problems and how we can best solve them
- Establishing best practices and making sure they are maintained
- Promoting Veriff design work to the outside world in design communities and through conferences, etc
You are the right future Veriffian for the job if you have:
- Experience advancing a company’s design practices (brand, content, product, and research)
- Excellent team leading and motivating skills and a track record to prove that
- The ability to attract and develop senior design talent from around the world
- The know-how to lead complex design topics, scaling your presence from clearly communicating a design vision to addressing project or organizational issues
- Skills to align senior leadership and opinionated stakeholders on complex design decisions
- The ability to build strong relationships with the other product development disciplines, as well as customer success, marketing, sales, and other departments
- Desire to mentor and develop the members of the design and research teams
- Clear and articulate decision-making skills
- Strong portfolio with case studies that prove high proficiency in designing apps for different industries
- Excellent English and great communication skills
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Help us shape the future of Design and Research at Veriff - Be one of the core members of our cross-functional product development team composed of product design, software engineering, marketing, and analytics.
- Have Massive Impact & Visibility - Our product is just taking shape. Your work will be critical in defining how identity and trust is created on the internet.
- Grow the Design and User Research team for the world's next big success story (Veriff is backed by investors such as Accel, IVP, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit)
- Do impactful work at a startup that’s growing crazy-fast and is packed with career opportunities
- Join a diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Receive sports benefits and additional health insurance, that covers both physical and mental health
- Be in a pet-friendly and flexible work environment where you are in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility
- Get all the perks that come with a disruptive tech start-up, including health days, unlimited snacks and coffee at the office, team events, and much more