We’re looking for a Senior Android developer who is passionate about coding and being on top of the latest technologies in the mobile development world. If you enjoy being part of a team, collaborating with your peers to deliver the highest quality product for our customers, then you might be the right fit for this role. As a Senior Android developer, we’ll expect you to not only be a craftsman with your code and automated tests, but to constantly influence and guide your peers to the next level.
Your tech skills allow you to untangle problems for the team and groom complicated features to a level where implementation becomes clear for your teammates. You have the experience to see the forest, not just the trees and to be able to formalize plans to coordinate bigger initiatives. This is a critical part of Veriff’s business, so on top of innovation, you’re also excited to find ways to increase the quality level of the product, to make sure that even a grandma on her old Samsung and with her slow network can use Veriff successfully.
About the team
The End User team is the entry point for Veriff from the user’s perspective. We provide the verification flow on Web, Android SDK and iOS SDK. It’s a critical part of the company, meaning we strive for providing a high quality product that works reliably on all platforms and all kinds of environments.
Our team is a cross functional, 16 person team including developers, product owners, designers, business intelligence, research and QA. We use scrum and rely on data analysis and research to deliver well thought out solutions in the most efficient way.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Writing high-quality, maintainable, and efficient code and tests to further develop the Android SDK using Kotlin
- Implementing unit, integration and performance tests to ensure quality features
- Doing code reviews and providing feedback to your peers
You are the right fit for the job if you have:
- 3+ years in the development of Android applications using Kotlin
- Experience in building maintainable and testable codebases, including API design
- Deep knowledge of mobile design patterns, RESTful and APIs
- Experience with automation tools (ex. Gradle)
- A high level of self-organization, ownership and responsibility
- Great communication skills and the empathy to help teammates grow
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to product development for the world's next big success story (Veriff is backed by investors such as Accel, IVP, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit)
- Do impactful work at a startup that’s growing crazy-fast and is packed with career opportunities
- Choose between quarterly sports benefits or learning and development budget. You will also have additional health insurance
- Be in a pet-friendly and flexible work environment where you are in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility
- Get all the perks that come with a disruptive tech start-up, including health days, unlimited snacks and coffee at the office, team events, and much more