At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
What You Will Do:
- As a senior accountant your responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing complex account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned
- Assist with the comprehensive implementation of GAAP related accounting for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Assist development and implementation of global accounting policies, procedures and company-wide initiatives and identify opportunities for improvements
- Be the essential part of the annual audit with external auditors, accounting team and management team
- Participate in core financial system implementations and process automation projects
- Improve accounting reporting efficiency and accuracy
- Mentor and coach junior staff
- Ad hoc projects to support the development of the department
- The position requires someone with strong GAAP knowledge, including recently issued accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting principles and regulations
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition for SaaS companies and ASC 606 preferred
- The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a startup, fast-growth environment, as well as comfortable taking initiative and being a self-starter through the department's evolution
- The ability to collect and analyze data, problem-solve, and make corresponding conclusions, including the ability to detect patterns, observe, and interpret data
- The ability to work in a diverse work environment and to pivot, with changing priorities, are critical requirements for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant experience, mix of privately held and publicly traded companies preferred
- Strong data analysis skills, problem-solving skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Are proficient with Excel and Google Suites
Bonus If You:
- Are proficient with Netsuite and Coupa
- Are an active CPA
- Have previous share-based compensation expenses experience
- Have experience at a pre-IPO or public company
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $90,000- $120,000. This salary range is an estimate, and actual salary may vary based on the company's compensation practices, location, and candidate experience. The total compensation package may also include benefits and equity-based compensation.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.