At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
We are looking for a tech lead/engineer with experience developing and bringing frameworks or PAAS to market, and/or who has substantial experience deploying such systems in enterprise environments to help us design and ship frameworks and infrastructure aimed at large scale software engineering in the frontend space!
What You Will Do:
In this high-visibility role you will help set technical strategy, lead the invention of new solutions, and communicate technical decisions to the engineering organization. Strong collaboration skills will guide multiple teams towards interoperability and a delightful developer experience for our clients and ourselves. Your experience with frameworks at scale will inform the creation of a unified suite of solutions that helps all engineers ship faster and better.
- Take initiative solving complex technical problems in a rapidly evolving ecosystem.
- Architect scalable, secure solutions.
- Create close working relationships with multiple engineering teams.
- Identify areas for better interoperability.
- Design cross-cutting solutions.
- Research new technologies and approaches.
- Write technical documents.
- Socialize project direction.
You should have advanced programming skills, excellent troubleshooting skills and curiosity. Your responsibilities will include collaborating across the organization to drive architectural decisions, initiating projects to improve engineering workflows, and ensuring a coherent technical strategy. You thrive in dynamic environments and love sharing knowledge with others. You look forward to creating drawing order out of disparate efforts.
Bonus If You:
Experience with enterprise systems is a plus.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.