At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to globally deployed application in seconds.
As a globally distributed remote-first company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users.
By joining Vercel, you'll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for engineers to help us build functional systems that improve product and customer experience. As a member of the Network team, you will help to scale and improve our infrastructure, availability and reliability by working with our backend engineers and product team to identify problems, create tooling and automation.
Your role will be dynamic - you should be comfortable designing systems, writing code, and debugging systems in production. Our team orchestrates deploying, routing and serving for our customers through capabilities and tooling we maintain that leverage our own and other cloud providers' infrastructure for networking, TLS termination, routing, storage, caching and other novel edge services.
- Interested in tackling the complex challenges serving petabytes of data and billions of requests to millions of people
- A collaborative team player who believes in the power of strong teams to drive significant changes and innovations
- Have at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Have deep experience with how to make high performance systems scale in the cloud
- Want to help protect the Vercel platform and our customers from abuse
- Are keen to experiment, challenge norms and deliver secure and reliable systems that delight Vercel's users
- Are knowledgeable and experienced with web servers, network protocols
- Comfortable in Golang
- Familiar with Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, or others)
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes, Lua, React and Next.js are nice-to-have!
- Stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $175,000.00 - $245,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.