We’re looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our seriously fantastic team
Psst. Hey you. Yeah you! Are you a curious, resourceful and self-motivated person who is ridiculously excited to jumpstart their career in product? Someone who loves collaborating with super smart, driven and fun people at a startup that’s growing like crazy and making a positive impact on the world? Can you appreciate a good pun? No? Oh. Okay. You can stop reading now.
Okay, so now that the nos are gone… HI! Darn right you’re interested. Let’s talk details.
A little bit about us
We’ve got something really exciting going on here at Verblio. We are transforming the world of work and the world of marketing at the same time. And despite the global dumpster fire that was 2020, our full-tilt growth and grandiose plans for world domination have shown zero signs of slowing down.
What do we actually DO though? Well, in case you haven’t heard, content is at the core of successful modern marketing—but it’s really hard to create quality content, particularly at scale. Many companies can’t staff for the time, talent and flexibility they need to harness the power of content. So, we introduce our community of over 3,000 pro writers to the digital agencies, businesses, enterprises, and publishers who need them most, through our easy-to-use marketplace platform. We brew this powerful SaaS + marketplace potion led by a 20-year marketplace industry veteran and staffed with a team of energetic, eclectic startup junkies, writing enthusiasts, and random liberal arts degree collectors.
And we have a LOT to do. To harness the incredible opportunities before us, we need to speed the development of our platform and expand our team to do so.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Product Associate who...
- …can empathize with and wants to learn directly from real users
- ...loves to find innovative solutions, solve tricky problems, and think strategically
- ...has a data-centric mindset with strong analytical problem solving skills
- ...has fantastic verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams (and appreciate our puns)
- ...is curious, resourceful, and proactive
- ...is equally able to execute their own work or lead projects for others
- ...loves to brainstorm and riff with other collaborators of all levels and types
- ...compulsively seizes opportunities to experiment with and improve everything they touch with a great attention to detail
- ...is self-motivated with the ability to pitch-in and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- ...has a healthy dose of whimsy, adventurousness and ra-ra team spirit
What you’ll do every day
- Seek out and champion the voice of our customers and writers. Become an expert in their desires and pain points
- Define, measure and present product success metrics and KPIs to ensure our initiatives are making a positive impact on our overall business goals
- Engage stakeholders across the company for brainstorming, requirements-gathering, feedback and priority trade-off discussions
- Author everything from detailed product requirements, to user stories in our backlog, to new ideas in our icebox, to in-app copy and release documentation
- Work with designers to create wireframes, mocks and usability testing plans
- Work directly with engineers, attending standups, retros and planning sessions
- Manage product backlog items big and small, planning and coordinating tasks from start (discovery and research) to finish (demos and release communications)
- Develop new processes, resources and tools to drive efficiency and transparency across the company
- Do all of this in a bootstrapped startup environment with limited resources. Because we like challenge, variety and the freedom of autonomy
- Oh, and you’ll be reporting to (and partnering with) Verblio’s Senior Director of Design & Product, and contributing independently to our scrappy Product team of (soon-to-be) 4
What you’ll need to be successful
- 0-2 years of relevant professional experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong English language skills
- Ninja-like time management and prioritization skills, driving toward resolution even when juggling multiple projects
- The opinion that technology is super interesting! Ideally with the ability to “speak engineer” (e.g. a working knowledge of things like HTML, CSS, responsive design approaches, troubleshooting, or database basics)
- Readiness to pitch-in and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Effectiveness when working remotely and collaborating with remote teams. We’re based in Denver, CO, but the Verblio team spans multiple cities and continents
Why you’ll love working at Verblio:
- You’ll have a high degree of ownership and opportunity to inspire your passion and personal fulfillment
- Your work will be varied and challenging to help you grow every day
- We’ve got a really vibrant, people-first company culture (we made a podcast episode about it). We’re smart, welcoming, creative, and engaged in our jobs. We have a low turnover rate because people love working here. Check us out
- Did I mention we’re growing like mad? It’s way more fun to be on a rocketship than riding in circles on a model train set. (No disrespect to model train enthusiasts.) We made the Inc 5000 list for the third year in a row, won our sixth Mercury 100 award as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Boulder Valley, and just made the Colorado Companies to Watch list.
- Our current obsessions: Ted Lasso (“Football is liiife!”), our newly rebranded Podcast “Yes, and Marketing”, and a new game we made up called “Can we scratch that niche?”—set to a theme song based on Tribe’s “Can I kick it”—where we guess if our writers can deliver on the bizarre expertise that our prospects are looking for (hint: they can).
Read our website to get even more of a vibe
What we offer for benefits and stuff:
- This position pays $45k–55k a year, commensurate with experience.
- Exciting stock options.
- Health, dental and vision insurance options with a generous monthly company contribution, plus an optional 401k plan
- Family-friendly benefits, including generous parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Truly flexible paid time off and holidays
- Every last Friday off
- A snacklio stipend for WFH snacks
- Some day when we can safely co-locate again, we’ve got in-person perks like free food & drink, fun events, a hip centrally-located Denver office, a free RTD Eco-pass, etc… Some day. :wistful-sigh:
We’re headquartered in Denver, CO but this position can be remote.