We’re looking for an Enterprise Customer Success Manager to join our rapidly growing team!
We’re Verblio: a unique content writing startup based in Denver, CO. Content is the foundation of successful marketing today. But creating quality content requires time, resources, and talent, and many companies simply can’t reasonably or cost-effectively staff in-house. That’s where we come in. Verblio combines access to unique writing talent enabled by leading marketplace businesses with the flexibility and deep vertical expertise of SaaS to create 70,000+ pieces of unique content per year. With a network of over 3,000 professional writers, Verblio provides the platform for modern digital agencies, businesses, enterprises, and publishers to engage audiences with unique content creation solutions.
To do all of this, we’ve created a high-performing startup led by a 15-year marketplace industry veteran and staffed by a team of energetic, eclectic startup junkies, writing enthusiasts, and random liberal arts degree collectors.
We’ve been on a full-tilt growth spurt for several years and have grandiose plans for world domination in the near future...and that’s where you come in! We are looking for the right Enterprise Customer Success Manager to help us scale our high-volume clients and add jet fuel to this rocket. Ready?
About the role:
We’re excited to bring on a detail-oriented, strategically-minded, wearer of many hats to help manage high-growth clients as well as cement and maintain excellent customer relations. In this role, you will have a chance to iterate on customer pain points, execute on (and help perfect!) our operational workflows, help deliver large-scale content solutions, and work closely with a supportive team of scrappy operations optimists and kick-ass contractors.
Our teeny, tiny operations team is in charge of delivering over 70,000 pieces of unique content to customers across 40+ verticals while balancing writer and customer happiness as well as the evolution of our growing open marketplace platform. You’ll also get to know the ins and outs of our platform and community, interact with clients and writers, through demos, support interactions, and daily tasks.
Perfect backgrounds: None.
But some options could include:
- Waiting tables while earning a Ph.D. in extinct primate morphology
- Startup experience in a hemp ear muff business + a degree in the philosophy of game show hosting
- Urban graffiti tour guide + author of a book about the secret affairs of Sylvia Plath
This full-time, exempt position will be responsible for:
- Managing high-profile client relationships. Our biggest clients need lots of attention and we work hard to provide great interactions and service at the drop of a hat. You’ll take part in check-in calls and ongoing support along with day-to-day management.
- Managing non-high-profile client relationships. We love all of our customers and try not to play favorites. Though you’ll spend most of your time nurturing our “whales,” you’ll also field questions, requests, and complaints from other active customers.
- Running custom operational workflows. We need smart, detail-oriented people to help power our custom workflows and deliver a bespoke content solution to our enterprise clients. You’ll work to understand our clients’ end goals and execute on an operational workflow that solves pain points and provides seamless delivery.
- Managing contractor assignments. We can’t do it all on our own! That’s why we work with a superstar team of editors and optimizers who help us polish our content for final delivery. You’ll work on tracking contractor assignments and capacity as part of our delivery funnel.
- Curating bespoke writer pools for big accounts. Our biggest accounts couldn’t function without great writers. As you nurture new and existing clients, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with our vast writer pool to find the best freelancers for any job.
- Wearing hats. So many hats. At Verblio, we’re a tight-knit team that feels comfortable jumping into any role and solving any problem at any time. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to go above and beyond their responsibilities for the good of the team, the platform, and our community.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- 2-5 years of client management experience.
- A strong foundation in content marketing/SEO/inbound marketing.
- Great interpersonal and networking skills and a love for building relationships with clients.
- Experience designing large-scale operational processes.
- Strong writing and messaging skills; you’ll be managing some customers who want the world on a silver platter--and sometimes their wishes are outside of scope. Talking points and expectation setting will be your greatest tools.
- Problem-solving prowess and extreme organizational skillz.
- Willingness to wear many hats and jump into projects outside of core responsibilities.
- Zeal for working with a kick-ass team hell-bent on having a great time, enjoying the quirkiness of our users, and overdelivering (because it’s the right thing to do).
What makes Verblio a great place to work?
- We work hard, have fun, learn a lot, and are proud of our transparent, collaborative culture.
- We believe in doing good, and that creating great opportunities for home-based writers is just as important as helping our clients find their next customer.
- This year we made the Inc 5000 list and won our fifth Mercury 100 award as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Boulder Valley.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance, and a generous vacation policy.
- This position pays $50,000-55,000, plus bonus, commensurate with experience.
Excited about this opportunity? If so apply with your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile link.