We’re looking for an Operations Associate (Professional Services) to join our rapidly growing team!
We’re Verblio: a unique content writing startup based in Denver, CO. We know that creating quality content requires time, resources, and talent, and many companies simply don’t have the time, resources, or budget to produce the content they need. That’s where Verblio comes in. We provide the platform for modern digital agencies, businesses, enterprises, and publishers to engage audiences with unique content creation solutions by combining access to a network of over 3,000 professional writers with the flexibility and deep vertical expertise of SaaS.
To do all of this, we’ve created a high-performing startup led by a 15-year marketplace industry veteran and staffed by a team of energetic, eclectic startup junkies, writing enthusiasts, and random liberal arts degree collectors.
We’ve been on a full-tilt growth spurt for several years and have grandiose plans for world domination in the near future...and that’s where you come in! We are looking for the right Operations Associate to join our team and help take our Professional Services to the next level!
About the Role:
We’re excited to bring on a detail-oriented, organization enthusiast and wearer of many hats to support our Professional Services team. As part of the larger Operations team, Professional Services includes the delivery & development of all upgrades & add-ons to our content services, including SEO optimization, photos, videos, topic ideation, & managed packages.. With this variety of services comes a variety of opportunities to investigate, innovate, & to make a huge impact in our products’ future growth! You’ll also get to know the ins and outs of our platform and community, with the chance to iterate on platform pain points & their solutions, execute on (and help perfect!) our operational workflows, help deliver large-scale content solutions, and work closely with a supportive team of scrappy operations optimists and kick-ass contractors.
As an associate on the professional services team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensure the high quality of our products through ongoing quality assessments of our content, while iterating and improving upon our current QA process.
- Running custom operational workflows. We need smart, detail-oriented people to help power our custom workflows and ensure the successful delivery of high-quality products & services to our customers. You’ll work to understand our clients’ end goals and execute on an operational workflow that solves pain points and provides seamless delivery for our staff, our contractors, & our customers.
- Managing contractor assignments. We can’t do it all on our own! That’s why we work with a superstar team of video editors, SEO optimizers, and content creators who help us polish our content for final delivery. You’ll work on tracking contractor assignments and capacity as part of our delivery funnel.
- Collaborating with our support team. Creative & empathetic problem-solving is an essential part of our ethos. You’ll resolve delivery errors, develop solutions to reduce errors & increase customer satisfaction. You’ll also monitor & report on key performance & deliverable metrics to ensure we proactively address & resolve any fulfillment issues.
- Wearing hats. So many hats. At Verblio, we’re a tight-knit team that feels comfortable jumping into any role and solving any problem at any time. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to go above and beyond their responsibilities for the good of the team, the platform, and our community.
What does your typical day look like?
- Be an important part of implementing new systems and processes while improving existing systems to ensure the successful delivery of high quality products and services.
- Assist account managers, contractors, & others with a variety of issues, tasks, and questions. Some issues will be easy and repeatable, others will be complex, and a few will be downright odd! We’re resourceful, self-sufficient, and creative, and pride ourselves on our ability to quickly and accurately investigate an issue, and provide accurate support to our different professional services teams & their unique workflows.
- Resolve support tickets by coordinating between our different contractor teams and our customers.
- Collaborate with colleagues via Slack, Asana, Zoom, and other tools.
- Perform additional tasks and projects as necessary to support the workflow and delivery of all professional services & products.
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, operations, project management, or customer service
- Experience with our collaboration and project management tools. If you have experience with Trello, Asana, or similar tools, we’d love to hear about it.
- Experience with/an understanding of SEO/SEM marketing. Because professional services include the optimization of customer’s content for SEO, an understanding of SEO & SEO best practices is crucial for addressing customer questions, training contractors, and assessing the quality of our products.
- Experience implementing & executing large-scale operational processes, with a history of demonstrating your problem-solving prowess & excellent organizational skills
- An empathetic mindset and a strong desire to help others. Understanding our customers, our writer, contractors, and admin, including their goals, workflows, and pain points, allows us to enhance each of their experiences on the platform.
- A third degree black belt in communicating. You’ll be talking to customers, account managers, contractors, and collaborating with every internal Verblio department all day every day. You’ll need to be able to communicate clearly and with diplomacy. We believe that being prompt & proactive is essential to successful communication.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills, preferably with copyediting & proofreading experience. Because you’ll be conducting quality assessments of our optimized content, you need to have an excellent grasp of grammatical & stylistic writing conventions. You should also be able to write clear, concise instructional material for customers and team members when needed.
- Tech-savvy and investigative. You don’t need to know how to code by any means, but we are supporting a tech platform, so you’ll be helping customers use our app and working with our Development team to resolve bugs and other technical issues that both customers and contractors may experience.
- Zeal for working with a kick-ass team hell-bent on having a great time, enjoying the quirkiness of our users, and over-delivering (because it’s the right thing to do)!
You’ll succeed in this role if you...
- ...are always learning and aren’t afraid to give or receive feedback.
- ... compulsively seize opportunities to experiment with and improve everything you touch.
- ...are a born (or learned) enthusiastic helper who doesn’t just jump in when asked, but are constantly offering when and where you can help in every situation. You’re willing to wear many hats and jump into projects outside of core responsibilities.
- ....are comfortable with remote work and collaborating with remote teams. The Verblio team spans multiple cities and continents. You should be self-motivated and take ownership of time-management and productivity.
- ...are eager to grow and level up your skills.
Cool or unexpected skills we haven’t mentioned? Let’s hear them.
What makes Verblio a great place to work?
- Verblio has a vibrant company culture. We’re smart, welcoming, creative, and engaged in our jobs. We have a low turnover rate because people love working here. We’re looking for someone that wants to be a part of that!
- we’re growing like mad! It’s way more fun to be on a rocketship than riding in circles on a model train set. (No disrespect to model train enthusiasts.) We made the Inc 5000 list for the second year in a row, won our sixth Mercury 100 award as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Boulder Valley, and just made the Colorado Companies to Watch list.
- We work hard, have fun, learn a lot, and are proud of our transparent, collaborative culture.
- We believe in doing good, and that creating great opportunities for home-based writers is just as important as helping our clients find their next customer.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance, 401k, options and a generous vacation policy.
- This position pays $40,000 - $45,000 commensurate with experience.