Are you an experienced content writer seeking a side hustle with a little less...hustle? Verblio — a 15-year content creation industry veteran based in Denver, CO — has got a unique opportunity for you.
Verblio is hand-picking content writers with a wide variety of specializations. This position provides a guaranteed amount of work per month while letting you create world-class content from anywhere, anytime (this role is perfect for digital nomads, recent graduates, part-time writers, or those looking to grow their career with a reliable flow of assignments each week). From healthcare to legal to beauty and fashion, there's an unlimited variety of work in a wide variety of niches.
Verblio nurtures a network of hundreds of writers—plus a marketplace business model and an easy-to-use platform for collaboration—to allow modern digital agencies, businesses, enterprises, and publishers to create great content. Our entire business is based on content creation, AND, we need help doing it for ourselves. This is a specialized role that will be more selectively managed by Verblio outside of its general writer pool, with bonus opportunities, writing incentives, and the ability to work directly with Verblio's all-star staff. Our teams have an amazing retention rate, we maintain a friendly and collaborative culture, and we LOVE to hire from within.
NOTE: Because this is a freelance position, it does not qualify for our in-office perks. In return, you get amazing flexibility and work-from-anywhere convenience.
Are you savvy at researching niche topics? Do you love deadlines and delighting your freelance clients? Do you want to work with some of the world's top brands and grow your skills? Verblio wants to chat with you!
Time and Writing Production Requirements:
- This is a remote position and you set your own schedule and times to be online
- You must claim and create a minimum of one assignment each week, but the sky's the limit — if you're hankering to write more (and make more money), we'll provide an endless flow of work directly to you (no chasing after clients or worrying about billing and invoicing)
- You’ll be expected to meet our quality expectations, including customer-specific style guides, content briefs, and completing revisions when requested
Why It's Amazing to Be a Verblio Freelance Writer:
- Focus on what you love about writing: Instead of trying to find writing gigs and chase down invoices, we’ll do all that for you
- You'll get hands-on training from Verblio staff, expanding your skills while hitting Verblio's top-tier quality goals
- You'll establish an awesome portfolio working with a range of industries (who wants to write the same stuff, day in and day out?)
- We recognize talent, love to promote from within, and often hand-select our in-house contractors for additional freelance work as we learn your writing style and expertise
- There's no cap on how much you earn (and we guarantee a minimum amount of work each month, giving you freelance reliability and peace of mind)
- After being personally trained by the Verblio team, you will be able to write for high-end customers that most new Verblio writers don’t have access to
What This Role Pays:
You'll get paid quickly and consistently every week via a direct bank transfer. On top of production incentives and competitive bonuses, we'll also pay you a standard rate* of:
- 300 words: $11.50
- 600 words: $23.00
- 1000 words: $57.00
- 1500 words: $94.50
- 2000 words: $140.00
* These are our standard rates, but some customers may have specialized content needs that pay above or below this rate.
Why Verblio Want to Work With You
- You are well-versed in North American writing conventions
- You've got a perfect grasp of the English language and grammar
- You're able to follow a customer's brief and content requirements to the T
- You have experience with fast deadlines and follow through with what you commit to
- You excel at researching niche topics and turning any complex idea into easy-to-digest, understandable content
- BONUS POINTS: We're looking for writers in all industries, but you'll catch our attention if you demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Accounting and finance
- Healthcare and medical
- Human resources and talent acquisition
- IT and data security
- Marketing and advertising
- Real estate
What Verblio Writers Have to Say About Working With Us:
"I'm just happy to finally be able to say I love my job, and I'm thankful for the opportunity Verblio's given me to develop my career as a writer."
TYLER THEISEN Writer & Legal Editor, 5 years with Verblio
"I love writing for Verblio and the financial freedom it brings to my family while allowing me to be a stay-at-home-mom."
LAUREN BRATTEN Writer & Dance and Fitness Expert, 7 years with Verblio
"I love writing for Verblio—I love the community feeling.... I write for other companies, but none comes close to this business model, and none feels so much like home."
DAVID CONWAY Writer & Higher Ed Expert, 8 years with Verblio
We’re in full-tilt growth mode with grandiose plans for world domination (the friendly kind) that show no signs of slowing down. If this sounds like a fit to you, apply below!