We are Verbal+Visual.
We craft considered e-commerce experiences for thoughtful brands. Brands that put people and product over profit and pollution. Brands that boldly tell their story, build community, and empower artisans. Brands that believe in the power of the collective. Together, we make commerce that matters.
Verbal+Visual is seeking a thoughtful and holistically-minded Front End Web Developer. In this role you will be responsible for building e-commerce websites using Shopify, Rails, and Vue.js. You’ll need to take work with cross-functional groups to maintain operational and development guidelines and processes developing and maintaining desktop and mobile application user interface components and mobile platforms.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, architecture, design, programming, deployment, and maintenance.
- Design, code, and test applications and user interfaces.
- Convert Sketch files into fully functioning e-commerce sites using Shopify Plus.
- Perform thorough QA testing including cross-browser/platform compatibility with a design point of view in mind.
- Deliver pixel-perfect, thoroughly tested products that are performant, efficient, and live up to outlined expectations.
- Write code that is easy for others to follow logically. Follows standards of indentation and formatting using internal linters and documentation. Functions are to the point, reusable, and do one thing. Names are meaningful and communicate intent. Comments, present only where necessary, are concise.
- Take time to understand the end-user(s) and form features to support their needs.
- Communicate early and often, making it easy for other team members to determine progress.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written and designed, coded, tested, debugged and document those programs.
- Perform project planning, organizing and implementation until the application is commissioned in a production environment.
- Plan ahead and solve relevant issues proactively, with a sense of responsibility for the end product, the dev team, and our company.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- 1-2 years of professional web development (Shopify development preferred).
- Strong Q/A experience and attention to detail.
- Experience connecting back end systems together using API’s
- Has successfully worked within a diverse, multifaceted team, communicating and negotiating internal and external expectations and timelines.
- Has participated in Web Development QA (preferably an A11Y Compliance Audit).
- Flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work under pressure, solve problems and deliver on required timelines.
- And above all else -- has an excellent attitude and passion for front end web development!
- Ideally live within commuting distance of Manhattan, New York.*
All team members receive a robust benefits package which includes the following:
- Health Insurance (partial coverage)
- Dental Insurance (full coverage)
- Vision (full coverage)
- Retirement Package With Company Matching
- 20+ PTO Days
- Year-round Half-Day Fridays (as of 1/1/22)
- Weekly Yoga / Meditation Sessions
- Monthly Team Outings
- & Much More!
* Role is remote first, office optional
** No unsolicited 3rd party recruiter submissions please!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, a minority & women owned certified business, the first ever carbon neutral certified e-commerce agency, and a New York City based organization.
Data Privacy Notice Here
For a more thorough consideration of your application, please make sure to complete all questions below.