We are Verbal+Visual.
We craft considered e-commerce experiences for thoughtful brands. Brands that put people and product over profit and pollution. Brands that boldly tell their story, build community, and empower artisans. Brands that believe in the power of the collective. Together, we make commerce that matters.
Verbal+Visual is seeking a Chief of Staff to join our team. The role of the Chief of Staff is to create organizational leverage by (1) providing support to key executives so that they can focus on their core objectives, (2) managing various internal operations, and (3) tackling special projects that arise during growth. You will be the trusted aide to the CEO, a crucial contributor to various internal initiatives, and the operational glue across departmental and external stakeholders.
The responsibilities of this role will be administrative, strategic, and interpersonal. As such, the Chief of Staff should be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, responsible, a good communicator, and excellent at managing personal relationships. Proactivity, problem solving and project follow-through are essential.
- Manage and document company processes set by leadership team
- Work with our IT team to manage team software and hardware inventories as well as accounts
- Manage all non-device home and in office equipment needs for employees
- Oversee internal time tracking of all billable team members to ensure minimum thresholds of billable hours are completed each week by each team member
- Lead new team member recruiting, including management of posts on our recruiting platform, screening candidates prior to Director reviews, and onboarding of hired candidates
- Manage 3rd party partnerships across all technology and agency partners
- Manage 3rd party vendor & freelancer relationships
- Manage all Verbal+Visual social media channels, including content writing, social media posting, and email blasts
- Manage the Verbal+Visual website, including trafficking of website updates for blog posts, careers listings, and case studies
- Help CEO manage communications & relationships across various stakeholders, including clients, partners, job candidates, and others
- Assume special and cross-department projects as they arise, conducting open-ended research, synthesizing expansive information, and presenting actionable insights to company leadership
- Assist project managers with organizing content, image editing, and content implementation
- Assist in organizing events, conferences and travel schedules for team members as needed
- Assist the Head of People & Culture to organize team outings, celebrations (birthdays, special occasions, etc.) and documentation of these events (pictures, videos, blog posts) for posting on social media
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- A versatile background and skill set.
- Strong communication and strategic systems thinking
- Unlimited curiosity and strong desire for personal and professional growth.
- An extremely organized and thorough mindset, as well as a commitment to follow-through
- A high bar for yourself, your teammates, and your work.
- Strong karaoke skills and halloween costume game.
- Ideally live within commuting distance of Manhattan, New York.*
All team members receive a robust benefits package which includes the following:
- Health Insurance (partial coverage)
- Dental Insurance (full coverage)
- Vision (full coverage)
- Retirement Package With Company Matching
- 20+ PTO Days
- Year-round Half-Day Fridays (as of 1/1/22)
- Weekly Yoga / Meditation Sessions
- Monthly Team Outings
- & Much More!
* Role is remote first, office optional
** No unsolicited 3rd party recruiter submissions please!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, a minority & women owned certified business, the first ever carbon neutral certified e-commerce agency, and a New York City based organization.
Data Privacy Notice Here
For a more thorough consideration of your application, please make sure to complete all questions below.