We are Verbal+Visual.
We craft considered e-commerce experiences for thoughtful brands. Brands that put people and product over profit and pollution. Brands that boldly tell their story, build community, and empower artisans. Brands that believe in the power of the collective. Together, we make commerce that matters.
Verbal+Visual is looking for an Associate Director of Production to join our Production team. As a member of our production team, you will work closely with clients and other internal departments to design transformative experiences and identify technology solutions to enable them. You will report directly to our Director of Production.
- Support and guide the Production team on large, challenging, multi-disciplinary e-commerce projects from start to finish, helping them leveraging creative, strategic, and insightful project approaches
- Work closely with the Director of Production to enhance department best practices, knowledge share, and operational efficiencies to maximize project effectiveness for key targets: quality, timeline, and budget.
- Assist & guide the production team members in the management of their e-commerce projects, from prototype into production and post-launch
- Create and actively manage all aspects of a project plan to ensure the work is completed to meet goals and expectations
- Provide value and support throughout the entire project cycle by influencing the work, the clients, and the team with specific and impactful production tactics
- Balance innovation and practicality in your production approaches and evaluation of the work being made
- Communicate ideas well in all written and verbal interactions in order to build strong relationships and ensure the right actions are taken
- Assist in the creation, organization, and maintenance of project documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
- 6-10 years experience as Producer on complex technical projects, including web, product, or installation/experiential
- Managerial experience with other Producers / Project Managers in the past
- Demonstrated history of creative or ecommerce content-focused project management and production
- Experience directly managing enterprise-level clients as well as large, multidisciplinary internal project teams with respect
- Experience confidently facilitating and actively engaging with digital project/product management processes, approaches, and tactics
- Expert understanding of and curiosity about technology, digital products and content distribution platforms
- Ideally live within commuting distance of Manhattan, New York.*
All team members receive a robust benefits package which includes the following:
- Health Insurance (partial coverage)
- Dental Insurance (full coverage)
- Vision (full coverage)
- Retirement Package With Company Matching
- 20+ PTO Days
- Year-round Half-Day Fridays (as of 1/1/22)
- Weekly Yoga / Meditation Sessions
- Monthly Team Outings
- & Much More!
* Role is remote first, office optional
** No unsolicited 3rd party recruiter submissions please!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, a minority & women owned certified business, the first ever carbon neutral certified e-commerce agency, and a New York City based organization.
Data Privacy Notice Here
For a more thorough consideration of your application, please make sure to complete all questions below.