Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings.
Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, Washington DC. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
As a Director of Business Development, you will be focused on selling and expanding Verana Health’s product offerings to our life science customers. You’ll join our growing Sales team and be responsible for prospecting contacts, generating qualified opportunities, winning new business and managing relationships with key customers. You will successfully expand our presence in assigned accounts by constantly looking for ways for Verana Health to support our clients’ needs. You will have a deep understanding of the healthcare data and analytics space, particularly around selling data, services and technology to key executive stakeholders and end users within pharmaceutical companies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing in Customers/Accounts
- Build, maintain and manage sales pipeline and forecast to achieve individual bookings goals
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization
- Gain an understanding of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which include specific reasons for awards and non-awards
- Position yourself as a consultative subject matter expert and single point of contact between Verana Health and your customers
- Confidently and credibly present healthcare data and licensing solutions by leading product presentations, demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related activities
- Work closely and cross functionally with Pre-Sales, Product Development, Marketing, Quantitative Science and Medical teams to develop solutions that solve for client challenges
- Drive all stages of opportunity development from coordinating product proposals, RFIs, RFPs to contract negotiations and execution
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and Delivery team on account status, follow-up activities, product literature, opportunity status, win-loss and related sales support tasks
- Communicate all account activity to Senior Sales Leader and/or appropriate individuals through the opportunity tracking systems
- 5+ years in the healthcare industry, with demonstrated experience selling healthcare data research assets (medical claims, prescription claims, EMR, etc.) and related analytic applications (e.g commercial analytics, real world evidence/HEOR and clinical operations)
- Consultative seller successful at uncovering and developing sales opportunities with top 20 Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- You have the ability to operate effectively in a complex white-space, concept-driven environment
- You are an overachiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
- You excel in the ability to manage the client relationship from lead through implementation
- You desire to work in an innovative, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience structuring win-win partnerships and leading the contracting proces
- Strong understanding of data use constraints within healthcare and life sciences
- Demonstrated ability to partner with legal, compliance, business and other teams to structure novel partnerships
- Experience in ophthalmology, neurology, urology a plus
- Demonstrated ability to partner with legal, compliance, business and other teams to structure novel client partnerships
- Experience in ophthalmology, neurology, urology a plus
- We provide health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- Verana pays 100% of employee insurance coverage and 70% of family
- Plus an additional monthly $100 individual / $200 HSA contribution with HDHP
- Spring Health mental health support
- Flexible vacation plans
- A generous parental leave policy and family building support through the Carrot app
- $500 learning and development budget
- $25/wk in Doordash credit
- Headspace meditation app - unlimited access
- Gympass - 3 free live classes per week + monthly discounts for gyms like Soulcycle
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note pay ranges for major metropolitan areas may be different.