Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings. Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, WI. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
The Data Engineering team is dedicated to build the end to end engineering platform at Verana Health using cloud based solutions that are engineered for scale, availability and high performance in a distributed data processing environment
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a self-starter to join our Data Engineering team. You will work in a fast-paced environment where you will get an opportunity to build and contribute to the full lifecycle development and maintenance of the data engineering platform at Verana Health.
With the Data Engineering team you will get an opportunity to:
- Design and implement data engineering solutions that is scalable, reliable and secure on the Cloud environment.
- Understand and translate Verana Health’s business needs into data engineering solutions.
- Build large scale data pipelines that can handle big data sets using distributed data processing techniques that supports the efforts of the data science and data application teams.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including Product managers, Architects, Data Quality engineers, Application and Quantitative Science end users to deliver engineering solutions.
- Contribute to defining data governance across the Verana Health data platform.
- A minimum of a BS degree in computer science, software engineering, or related scientific discipline is desired.
- 3+ years of work experience in building scalable and robust data engineering solutions.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented programming and proficiency with programming in Python (TDD) and Pyspark to build scalable algorithms.
- Advanced SQL coding and query optimization experience including the ability to write analytical and nested queries.
- Understanding and experience of distributed computing and big data processing using the Apache Spark framework.
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable ETL/ ELT Data Pipelines on the AWS Cloud platform (Glue, EMR, Lambda, EC2, S3).
- 2+ years of experience with data modeling techniques for structured/ unstructured datasets.
- 2+ years of experience with Serverless Framework.
- Experience with relational/columnar databases - Redshift, RDS and interactive querying services - Athena/ Redshift Spectrum.
- Experience with workflow orchestration solutions such as Apache Airflow, AWS Step Functions.
- 2+ years of operating in a CI/CD environment.
- Passion towards healthcare and improving patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking with strong problem solving skills.
- Stay on top of emerging technologies and posses a willingness to learn.
Bonus Experience (optional)
- Experience with Agile environment
- Knowledge in API’s
- Healthcare experience
- We provide health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- Verama pays 100% of employee insurance coverage and 70% of family
- Plus an additional monthly $100 individual / $200 HSA contribution with HDHP
- Spring Health mental health support
- Flexible vacation plans
- A generous parental leave policy and family building support through the Carrot app
- $500 learning and development budget
- $25/wk in Doordash credit
- Headspace meditation app - unlimited access
- Gympass - 3 free live classes per week + monthly discounts for gyms like Soulcycle
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.