Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings. Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, WI. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
We cannot currently sponsor H1-B or OPT visas at this time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build the pipeline of new data partners and own the engagement cycle, from initial outreach through to finalized contract, as well as on-going relationship management
- Identifying potential partners
- Performing due diligence - including leading internal diligence teams
- Structuring contracts
- Leading interfacing with legal and security
- Be a subject matter expert on questions from internal team members or data users about the data partners available at Verana
- 5+ years in the healthcare industry, preferably in a business development or partnerships role related to real-world data initiatives
- Experience structuring win-win partnerships and leading the contracting process
- Strong understanding of data use constraints within healthcare and life sciences
- Demonstrated ability to partner with legal, compliance, business and other teams to structure novel partnerships
- Interest in understanding and delving into the details of Verana’s business and data offerings
- Confidence in presenting to C-suite executives
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-functional leadership, and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to be a self-starter who can identify new areas of improvement and growth opportunity
- Experience in ophthalmology, neurology, urology a plus
- Advanced degree (MBA, PhD, MPH, etc)
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
Verana Health values our employees well-being and happiness. We provide fully covered health, vision and dental for employees, Flexible vacation plans, learning and development allowances, a generous parental leave policy, 401K and commuter benefits.