Sr. Windows Engineer
Position: Full-time, Permanent
At Vera, we're building the trusted standard for securing and sharing information. Join us! Vera is changing the way businesses around the world protect enterprise data. The Vera platform provides dynamic data protection for any kind of information, on any device, and gives you the power to revoke access at any time. We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough challenges in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. Together, we can change how security services are built, deployed, and delivered to enterprises.
Backed by Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, Amplify Partners, Capital One Growth Ventures, and some of Silicon Valley’s most notable cyber-security angel investors, we're changing the way security works for the enterprise.
Vera is looking for a Windows engineer to join our very talented Client team. You will work within the context of truly agile team and will have an immediate impact on our most popular end-user client for Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Partner with product management and service engineering to build highly-scalable security solutions.
- Ensure continued integration with native Windows programs that make security seamless and usable
- Identify, diagnose, and solve technically challenging problems
- Make a difference in the lives of people around the world, helping them collaborate more confidently
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Windows OS and Systems-level programming ( E.g. Win32 APIs, COM, multi-threading, IPC, process isolation, virtualization, hooking/interception, etc )
- Proficiency with C++, c++11, STL, cross-platform development
- Expertise in Windows messages, ATL, WTL, COM, message loops, window hooking/subclassing
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, knowing how to solve complex system-level issues (Sysiternals Tools, windbg, API monitors, etc )
- Demonstrable knowledge of large-scale deployments in enterprise technology environments
- A belief that it's possible to improve data security without sacrificing application usability
- Direct experience with Windows Outlook internals, including Office Object Model (OOM) and MAPI
- Data security and PKI are a plus