VERA is looking for Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our talented team.
Where you'll contribute to our success:
- Work in an Agile Development organization. Provide support to Scrum teams to meet Sprint deliverables
- Structure and maintain the software configuration management system (Jenkins)
- Automate and maintain the software build process
- Automate software deployment and monitoring (Jenkins, SaltStack, Ansible, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, DataDog, Linux/Windows systems)
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results to accommodate custom CI/CD pipeline
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into QA, Staging and Production
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
What you bring to the table:
- 6 to 10 years of DevOps experience
- Demonstrate working in an Agile Development organization
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS/cloud service provider, and on-prem (not Cloud).
- Demonstrable experience with cloud environments (e.g., AWS, VMWare)
- Release automation and orchestration (e.g. Jenkins, SaltStack), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience (CI/CD pipeline).
- Experience using scripting languages (Python, Bash, JS, etc), configuration management tools (Git, Chef, SaltStack, etc) and command execution frameworks.
- Deep understanding of AWS provisioning, monitoring and management
- Experience working with multi-geo teams
- Experience managing Windows server (2010+ and Windows 7/10) and Linux (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu) environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of workflow tools (e.g. Atlassian)
VERA helps security teams fundamentally change how files are protected and how organizations collaborate securely. With robust policy enforcement, strong encryption, and strict access controls, Vera’s data-centric security solution enables employees to collaborate freely while ensuring a high level of security, visibility, and control.
We are a fast-growing company with amazing opportunities to grow your career. We are targeting a large and growing market, we have a compelling product offering and offer a generous compensation plan and the ability for you to be successful and have a significant impact on the trajectory of our company.
We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough problems in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. We’re interested in getting things done. Our leadership is open to your input and are stewards of our collective shareholder value. It’s evident in the 400% CAGR we’ve seen over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2014, VERA is headquartered in Palo Alto and led by a team of Security and SaaS industry veterans from MongoDB, Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Adobe, HP and Cisco. Join us so we can deliver disruptive approaches to how some of the most sophisticated organizations in the world protect files and secure collaboration.
For more information, visit www.vera.com.